NA Build Update

Sonnick

Reaction score
VTEC on the F23 is nothing to write home about. The SOHC VTEC is pretty sh!tty in itself. The H23 head is definitely worth the sacrifice of VTEC for the extra cam. A nice set of Bisi cams for the H23 head should yield some great power gains.

Remember, not only is the H23 DOHC, but the head itself is much more free flowing, so you're actually getting 2 for the price of one.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm still determined to make so serious power out of the F23, like said earlier - for uniqueness. Anywho, I e-mailed Bisi about my NA motor so I'm sure he'll be replying soon. BTW: What's the duration & lift @50 on the Stage II you got from Bisi? I haven't degreed mine in but it runs fine to date. I'll post my grind tomorrow to compare.

Sonnick

Reaction score
I think it was .426 intake and .370 exhaust and 270/250 but I'm not 100% sure.

Belgian CG4

Reaction score
So you don't have the regular cam? This is what I found on the bisimoto site

F-series, VTEC:
Level 2, regrind: $347; 0.410/0.370 (230/230)

I really want to see a dyno of this setup!

turboputz

Reaction score

F-series, VTEC:

No it's even more extreme than that. Intake and exhaust duration are both longer.

I am starting to think I want to just follow through with the F23 for better or worse. I figure could always build the head and rock it for a couple years and then sell the fully built, cammed, ported and polished head to someone on here and work on the next build. I bet someone would be interested, come that time.

The thing is, I put so few miles on the car now that I live in the city. It's going to last forever. My accord is staying with me for a while and will have a few different incarnations and motor configurations before it goes out to pasture.

Sonnick

Reaction score
No it's even more extreme than that. Intake and exhaust duration are both longer.

I am starting to think I want to just follow through with the F23 for better or worse. I figure could always build the head and rock it for a couple years and then sell the fully built, cammed, ported and polished head to someone on here and work on the next build. I bet someone would be interested, come that time.

The thing is, I put so few miles on the car now that I live in the city. It's going to last forever. My accord is staying with me for a while and will have a few different incarnations and motor configurations before it goes out to pasture.
Despite the fact that I might have had a sale, I'm glad you are sticking with the F23. I'm pretty sure we can all agree no one on here has seen a built F23 N/A dyno. Good work :thumbsup:

turboputz

Reaction score
The Neo and the Boomslang Harness arrived in the mail this week.
Supposed to be meeting up with the builder this saturday. Hopefully he signs off that the bottom end is in good enough shape as it is. I'm going to bring the spare head with me and, if he agrees, leave it there to be ported and polished.

I'm not really into risking it with possible valve float, so after the port and polish is mostly payed for, the last piece of the puzzle will be Rocketmotorsports valvesprings and retainers and new valve seals. It's becoming obvious that it's not really possible to get a straight definitive answer on whether upgrading the valvetrain is actually necessry or not.

But considering that the cam is right on the ragged edge of being a race cam I think it's fair to say it's good insurance. Basically Bisi or whoever isn't going to say something that's going to hurt sales and we know that the cam can be used just fine because NASOHC is doing it. But if you really leveled with them, they'll tell you it's recommended, as Sonnick shared with me.

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
^^ Good choice. I wouldn't let that high lift/duration of a cam touch stock valves or retainers.

NASOHC

Reaction score

F-series, VTEC:

Well here are my specs, this is durantion & cam lift @.50

Lift @ Cam
INT - .274
EXH - .233

Duration
INT - .246
EXH - .212

Bisi Dyno'd my car this past Friday (he's like the coolest guy, I was there for 5 hours talking & stuff) and unfortunately that AFC NEO is crap for tuning (it made it worse) so he ran it off, no mods to cam gear, just increased Fuel Pressure to 50 psi since it runs super lean on the mid-top end range, he recomended 320 cc RC injetors which I just order and running an S200 or 300 Hondata to tune with. My Torque and HP curve was up down, up down up due to lack of fuel. I'm sure it'll do better once I upgrade those 2 things.

MAX Torque: 145 lbft @ 5093 RPM
MAX WHP : 142 at @ 5181 RPM on a Dynapack

I'm going to run have em' run it again after I get the injectors & HONDATA. Goal is 175WHP which is would be the most we squeeze out he says.

There you have it, real numbers.

FWY: After much consideration... I'm going to build an F22A1 "NA" with Bisi's help - Goal will be 250-300WHP, 12:1 on 91 octane!

Last edited:
Back