Need help... H22 in my 6 gen with f23 lsd transmission...

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Hi im new here, i have some question and need advices and help on how to set up my build.
My automatic 2002 accord f23a4 engine is about to reach 200,000k, im making a swap. My friend have a 4th gen prelude with a manual h22 motor that is just sitting on his porch. He wellong to give it to me free, i just need go tow it to my place.
My question is i want to swap the h22 motor in my 6gen accord with my auto f23 lsd transmission.
What do i need to do if i put the auto transmission in the h22 motor?
What do i have to switch out?
What ecu do i run?
Will the swap be a swap in and out or do i need some kind of engine mount?
Do i have to change any harness if yes, what?

Need advise

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Hi im new here, i have some question and need advices and help on how to set up my build.
My automatic 2002 accord f23a4 engine is about to reach 200,000k, im making a swap and plan to buy aisin amr500 supercharger and custom it in. My friend have a 4th gen prelude with a manual h22 motor that is just sitting on his porch. He welling to give it to me free, i just need go tow it to my place.
My question is i want to swap the h22 motor in my 6gen accord with my auto f23 lsd transmission.
What do i need to do if i put the auto transmission in the h22 motor?
What do i have to switch out?
What ecu do i run?
Will the swap be a swap in and out or do i need some kind of engine mount?
Do i have to change any harness if yes, what?
Idea on how to custom the amr500 s/c?

Need advise,

Last edited:

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
You would need mounts, a odb1 ecu for a h22, also no accord auto trans had lsd just so you know. As far as the rest of the questions you will need to research. My advice is read as many credible threads on h22 swaps into 6th gen accords first before trying anything, the 6th gen isnt as easy to swap into as two prior gen accords.

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
My advice is to swap the entire powerplant that your friend has into the car. The auto to manual conversion is not recommended for the cg chassis as there are no provisions for it and I don't know how you will be able to make power with the auto transmission. Your auto chassis is not a very good candidate for a powerful accord.

Tee6gen

Reaction score
You would need mounts, a odb1 ecu for a h22, also no accord auto trans had lsd just so you know. As far as the rest of the questions you will need to research. My advice is read as many credible threads on h22 swaps into 6th gen accords first before trying anything, the 6th gen isnt as easy to swap into as two prior gen accords.[/QUOTE/]
my tranny isnt lsd??? How come when i lift up my car on jack stand and put in dr. both the front wheels spin in the same direction?
Can i just use the h22 or f23 stock mount?
If i do use the at. Tranny what do i have to swap from the h22 flexplate, torque conv.?
Do i need a adaptor for the ecu or is it direct fit?

Tee6gen

Reaction score
My advice is to swap the entire powerplant that your friend has into the car. The auto to manual conversion is not recommended for the cg chassis as there are no provisions for it and I don't know how you will be able to make power with the auto transmission. Your auto chassis is not a very good candidate for a powerful accord.
I wanted the auto tranny because i was thinking about going s/c., buy a racing torque converter with at least 3000rpm stall and i dont want to custom the cluch paddle, fluid line and drill new holes. I was think that since i have a auto cg5 chassis then ill try to stick with auto. And why is my auto cg5 chassis not good for the h22 swap?

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
I said that the auto to manual conversion is not recommended for the cg chassis, mainly because of the drilling and custom pedal setup involved. I recommend the h22a install as this is what I have done and it is a very fun car to drive. I think you're better off drilling the holes. I think that will be a lot easier than the sc setup. Your car will probably be a lot faster also. With my experience, it isn't worth trying to make the auto powerplant fast. I had an auto in my cb7 with an h22a before I converted it to manual, which is why I converted it to manual. I never drove the car because it wasn't able to be properly tuned and it was not a fun car to drive. Now, the car is very fun to drive because of the manual transmission and the fact that I can fine tune it with the vafc2 and wideband. If you know how to tune an auto setup like that, it is worth a try, but I don't know how that would all work together, let alone result in a reliable build. Maybe it would be worth developing a transfer plate with all of the holes needed for the conversion and a pedal mount bracket. It could be screwed to the firewall in the correct location, then act as a guide for the holes to be drilled and reinforcement in the area of the firewall.

Last edited:

Tee6gen

Reaction score
I said that the auto to manual conversion is not recommended for the cg chassis, mainly because of the drilling and custom pedal setup involved. I recommend the h22a install as this is what I have done and it is a very fun car to drive. I think you're better off drilling the holes. I think that will be a lot easier than the sc setup. Your car will probably be a lot faster also. With my experience, it isn't worth trying to make the auto powerplant fast. I had an auto in my cb7 with an h22a before I converted it to manual, which is why I converted it to manual. I never drove the car because it wasn't able to be properly tuned and it was not a fun car to drive. Now, the car is very fun to drive because of the manual transmission and the fact that I can fine tune it with the vafc2 and wideband. If you know how to tune an auto setup like that, it is worth a try, but I don't know how that would all work together, let alone result in a reliable build. Maybe it would be worth developing a transfer plate with all of the holes needed for the conversion and a pedal mount bracket. It could be screwed to the firewall in the correct location, then act as a guide for the holes to be drilled and reinforcement in the area of the firewall.
Matt taylar thank you... You just save my time and money, i was about to invest my money into the auto tranny build with the h22a. So is it okay to just use the clutch paddle and fluid line from the prelude and can i also use the shift linkage? What kind of mount do i need for the swap, can i use the prelude or the f23 mount?

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
You're welcome, I have only seen other builds that have done the drilling through the firewall for the conversion. Your best approach will be to find those threads and consult with the guys who have actually done the conversion on the cg, they will know better what all is involved for that.

For the clutch line, I recommend a company called Rywire. They make all sorts of custom lines like that. I use their clutch line on my cb7. They most likely make the line for your application. The mounts you need to get are a manual transmission mount for the cg chassis and an adapter bracket for the drivers side motor mount. The rest of your mounts should work fine.

I plan on developing a full install kit soon and will keep posted on when that is available. I might develop that firewall conversion drill plate in the near future as well.

Good luck with your build, it sounds like you have a good initial plan laid out to make some great power for your car, this combination of motor and chassis is awesome!

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Thank you very much and i appreciate the time you giving to explaned everything.

Back