Need help to catch a Scammer in CT

Discussion in 'Life Lessons' started by tknightt, Apr 21, 2015.

1. J0hnalex

J0hnalex Well-Known Member

Good luck man, sounds like a shi tty situation! Keep us in the loop

2. Reflectbeats

Reflectbeats Member

Good luck. I have most my family in Boston who are cops. Idk if that helps or not but maybe they know somebody that knows somebody lol

3. james'99

james'99 Well-Known Member

4. tknightt

tknightt Well-Known Member

well just got off the phone with paypal and turns out they "mis-informed" me last time, the buyer is not REQUIRED to send the item back, they simply request that he does but they can't force him to because the refund originated from the credit card and not ebay.

So I'm back to square 1. The guy got a full refund and a complete supercharger that he gets to keep.

so if anyone lives in or around East Hartford, CT I'd really love some help, that is 2 000$ + the cost of shipping

5. bairdandrew77

bairdandrew77 Well-Known Member

All I can think of at this point is see if you can find a car page on Facebook or something and try getting someone there to help you out. I love to help but I'm nowhere near that state.
    I feel like the scammer knows what he's doing and did this multiple times already. The supercharger is probably also in perfect working order since he didn't have to prove anything

6. Varnell

Varnell Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he's not required to send it back. I can't think of many active members from CT. Have you tried any other car forums. I'd ask around Zilvia. They get lots of traffic around the country and from all types of cars.

7. james'99

james'99 Well-Known Member

Take it up with paypal again. Say, I want my ****. He says its broken, why does he need it?

8. rooky

rooky Well-Known Member

Hey dude, sorry to read your disappointments but it was no scam because the buyer used whats called consumer rights on you. It all break down to the product as seen on the eBay listing was not what he received. Sounds weird but they use this strategy all the time to keep the product and get their money back. There is a word for it but i'm no eCommerce lawyer i'm just a average Joe. Notice when a seller on eBay is selling something they write about every nook and cranny so that the buyer don't call up the credit card company to file a frauds claims. The buyer used a credit card because he/she know its secured meaning any problem like he complained about their guaranteed a refund even if you or Paypal likes it or not. Next time learn the laws of eCommerce before you run off on eBay looking for a sale. That's why I don't bother to sell online because the **** you lose to please people. How many times people receive online items in good condition then damage it, call up AMAZON file a complain, receive another one for free plus their money back just to not get a bad review.

9. rooky

rooky Well-Known Member

Paypal has nothing to do with these problem they only safely secure online money transaction. Banks don't like paying money so small vendor like you with middle man Paypal= you lose. Go seek out some litigation advice, consultant because 2000 dollars + lawyer fee =1000 leaving you with a 1000 dollars from the nightmare of the sale. Go for it you will win if your write on here is not false about the listing.

10. tknightt

tknightt Well-Known Member

Just so I'm clear, I was not running off on eBay looking for a sale as you put it. I have sold considerably on ebay, more than 100 transaction per year (only counting sold items). I have 100% feedback score. But unfortunately there is nothing more I can do in this situation. The costs involved in trying to retrieve my money would outweigh the return. I'm going to have to chuck this one in the "live and learn" pile. NEVER EVER ship an item to a buyer with 0 feedback if you don't get a reply to your messages.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015