Need Help with auto to manual swapp. 99% done

Lloyd

Reaction score
Hi guys...I've got my 5-speed swap done as far as the mechanics goes.

I'd like to know what's the absolute bare minimum I have to do to get the car to start? I figure once it's started, I'll get inspired to finish it up right.

Right now I've cut the big tranny plug off and twisted the Red,black and grey wires together as per turbowa's DIY...and am trying to use the auto ECU just because I assume it will work with my key. But alls I get is a click sound over on the passenger side inside the car.

Also what is the deal with reprogramming the key with a new manual ECU?..Do I have to go down to a dealership with the car or is it possible to just bring the ECU and key?

Thanks....and please forgive the newbish questions :)

Lloyd

Lloyd

Reaction score
Hey Badgertype...I also have a question maybe you can clear up for me and others.

On your auto-manual swap DIY you say:

"95. the easiest thing to do as far as wiring is to locate the big tranny plug in the engine bay. find the grey and red wire on the plug. strip and solder these 2 wires together. wrap with electrical tape"

But in the photo next to your text, it appears you have the blue/black and the black wires twisted together.... confusing

Also there's really no grey wire...there's a whitish one and a very light blue one. I wonder if you could clarify which wires need to be joined.

Thanks............Lloyd

toast

Reaction score
Did you touch the ground (2 wires) on the drivers side of the intake by any chance?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Hey if the VSS wire goes from the auto transmission into the ecu and then from the ecu to the speedo, wouldn't the speedo wire be located in the D connector? If so then it would be really easy to T it in and you wouldn't have to search for the wire behind the fuses.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Hey is anyone actually on this board? So I am doing the 5 speed swap and I now have everything I need for the swap minus fluids. I can't find the line that goes between the master cylinder and slave cylinder for the clutch. At least not for a 98-02 accord. I know a different year accord won't work with my slave cylinder because the fitting on my 98 accord slave cylinder isn't a screw in type where the older accords where. Would the slave cylinder from an older accord work since I can find a matching hose for older accords and preludes no problem.

Back