Need help!!!!!!!

Project8rc

Reaction score
Im buying another accord Red 2001 Ex v6 coupe.(My f23a1 died moving to MD. about two weeks ago). I know that the auto trans are no good on the 4cyl. But what about the sixes. what should i look for and what kind of common problems do the sixes have???(if any?) I know my system will fit, my alarm will fit, i can convert my lights, but my intake and my catback exhaust are a no-go so ill prob have to buy those. but anyone who owns a six it would help me greatly if you guys know anything...Id like to get back on the road again:driving:

Project8rc

Reaction score
Really?...Ive never heard anything about the V6 Tranny. All the complaints i use to get were about the 4's. Do you know any specific details about the trans(what it causes it to go bad or what parts go bad in the trans)?

Project8rc

Reaction score
On a side note i didnt know where to post this and thats why its here. But im asking because I have an emergency and i have to drive where i'm going. My problem is time constraints. I have the money for a swap on my accord i4 but due to time its not gonna happen. However i dont mind buying another accord for the moment i just don't have much experience with Honda's v6 or trans.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Search on V6 tranny problems, it has been discussed many many times. You will find some great info.

As for the car, drive it first. Also have a trusted mechanic look at it. Before I swapped my auto was still solid (as much as a 6GA V6 auto tranny can be anyway), and it had 132k miles on it. It was a good tranny for me, in that it didn't explode and leave me stranded somewhere, lol. But maybe I got lucky with mine.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Searching for 3 mins on here or google would have gotten you all the complaints in the world about the Bx7a trans. Anywho, the problem with them lies in the torque converter. There is no transmission cooler that comes with these cars so they overheat and practically melt. Get yourself a trans cooler and bypass the radiator, do a drain and fill every 25k and you could make it last for a while.

Also go ahead an get the v6. You can swap in a six speed trans and never look back.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
The problem with the v6 autos is the clutch packs and the syncros have an orgy and then die from melting pleasure. Just imagine 2 elderly people getting it on at a nursing home and dying in the act. The difference Is they'll be smiling

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The problem with the v6 autos is the clutch packs and the syncros have an orgy and then die from melting pleasure. Just imagine 2 elderly people getting it on at a nursing home and dying in the act. The difference Is they'll be smiling

Real pleasant analogy Matt :lawl:

Back