Need some advice on rims and wheels.

guytv

Reaction score
ESR Wheels is having a Black Friday sale on their rims :) (according to their IG post). I was wondering which specs for the rims should I go with.

I am lowered at a 1 inch finger gap in the front and the back is a little lower of course.

https://www.esrwheels.com/products.html

SR03
17x8.5 +30 / 5x114.3 / 73.1 / Gold-Hyper silver-Hyper Black-Black-White w/ Machine Lip / 2.5 inch

17x9.5 +20 / 5x114.3 / 73.1 / Gold-Hyper silver-Hyper Black-Black-White w/ Machine Lip / 3 inch

and which tires will be go for the car? 215/50/17? I forget which it was.

Last edited:

guytv

Reaction score
Alright I will consider that:). Which will be better with does tires? 17x8.5 +30 or 17x9.5 +20?

phi1542

Reaction score
if you stay at your current height I would say 17x8.5 +30 because with 9.5 +20 thats aggressive. You would need to lower it a lot and get some fender work done to pull that off

guytv

Reaction score
if you stay at your current height I would say 17x8.5 +30 because with 9.5 +20 thats aggressive. You would need to lower it a lot and get some fender work done to pull that off

Alright. It is my first time getting rims. So, I will definitely consider that.

phi1542

Reaction score
Alright haha cuz I use to have 18x10 +25 and I had to lower it a lot for it to look right and roll and pull my fenders quite a bit. I also needed a camber kit to add more camber to have more clearance. It cost me too much to set it up so I got rid of it. I couldn't afford it at the time but I'm considering it again since I have a job now lol but not as agressive. Well camber kit wasn't necessary but it was recommended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

guytv

Reaction score
Alright haha cuz I use to have 18x10 +25 and I had to lower it a lot for it to look right and roll and pull my fenders quite a bit. I also needed a camber kit to add more camber to have more clearance. It cost me too much to set it up so I got rid of it. I couldn't afford it at the time but I'm considering it again since I have a job now lol but not as agressive. Well camber kit wasn't necessary but it was recommended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

So that's how you know. haha there's nothing like learning from experience tho.:) Do you think 17x8.5 +30 would look just right for me?

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
So that's how you know. haha there's nothing like learning from experience tho.:) Do you think 17x8.5 +30 would look just right for me?

yeah haha I dont know too much about wheels. I'm still waiting for replies in the wheel fitment thread because I need help picking wheel sizes too LOL I just know this from experience haha

Yeah i think so. 1 inch gap was around what I was at on my teins. I had .75 inch gap and specs were almost the same. 17x8 +30 (included spacers in offset).

Here what it looks like on my car. idk if your fenders are rolled but you might wanna do that too incase. im lower now so if you want to see what it looks like lower check out my ride thread :)

200eeja.jpg

eqpa9d.jpg

Last edited:

guytv

Reaction score
Wow. That looks nice and clean! props to ya.:)

and no my fenders aren't rolled. Hopefully, I won't have to do that, because that not something I want to do on my car. If anything I'll just raise it up a little bit. Just curious, what are the tires specs in those photos?

phi1542

Reaction score
Wow. That looks nice and clean! props to ya.:)

and no my fenders aren't rolled. Hopefully, I won't have to do that, because that not something I want to do on my car. If anything I'll just raise it up a little bit. Just curious, what are the tires specs in those photos?

Thanks!

Oh ok yeah you dont have to. Only if you want go low but 1 inch gap you should be in the clear of rubbing I think. But you shouldn't need to raise it. F2 are stiff.

235/45/17

Back