Need support

capsidx

Reaction score
Ok dudes, I think I've had enough to the point where I need to reach out for support. I've loved my car since I got it and I recently did the 5 speed swap and a few things still need to be addressed but I took my car to the stealer ship today. The told me I should get a new car because I forgot some bolts. Then I laughed and left after they wanted to charge me 500 for a new throttle body. I put a lot of time into my car and there's still a ways to go. She's not too pretty now but that's still something I plan on working on. I'm just tired of people telling me how much of a piece of garbage my car is and that I should new one. It's literally everyone and I hate it. But no one hesitates to ask for a ride in old green. So how do you guys deal with situations like this? Any words of support will greatly help :)

dawg316

Reaction score
usualy whipe away my tears with the stacks of money ive saved by daily driving a cheap affordable reliable old honda that gets me evreywhere i need to withouhgt disapointment and also love the cheap insurance.

while all my friends stress about car payments and beeing in debt ect ect.

people will hate. but the grass isnt always greener with a new car.

Chichi

Reaction score
Don't let people take you down because at the end of the road I bet that the money you save plus the smile you get in your car at better that all the stuff they have to go throw my is a warrior almost undestructible last thing they did to my car was that they brake my windshield do you you think I get mad he'll yes but know am going to know how to replace a windshield xD the point is that heater are going to hate no matter what

Accordx

Reaction score
Let the haters hate. If they aren't there to spread positivity then don't listen to them. Also 500 for a throttle body?! Replaced mine with one I pulled off an '02 at the junkyard and cleaned it up. Also used a new gasket.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate the support. At this point I've been spending a lot of money on the car replacing parts that are finally going bad after 186,000 miles. I can't speak for any other car manufacturer but to me that's impressive and I have no problems replacing old parts. @accordx, yes I was curious how much they would charge because I brought her in for an alignment because they had a special. Seeing as how they were new in town I decided to let them give her a look over. Since my tps was bad I bought a new one and the tech said he can't replace it because they could "damage the throttle body". I'll just do it myself. Also, as a side note, the tech told me my battery was on the wrong side. I asked him how this could be if there were bolt holes for the battery tray and no space for a battery on the drivers side. He had no explanation. I laughed and told him to bring the car around lol. If a dealer technician doesn't even know the battery is in the right spot, I'm better off continuing to do the work myself

SupraGuy

Reaction score
The dealership is ALWAYS going to want you to buy a new car, the instant that you no longer have a car loan.

Find an independent shop for the stuff that you don't want to do yourself. There are shops that specialize, and often know the car as well or better than the dealer, particularly one that's a bit older. The dealerships keep up training on cars that are still under warranty at best.

If your car is running well, compare the maintenance costs to a new car payment. Generally it will come out pretty good. A new car will have some lower operational costs, and probably be environmentally better, but I always figure that I can buy a lot of gas/oil/parts for the rate of a new car payment.

Still lots of these cars on the road. I don't see a problem with driving one of 'em.

capsidx

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I just changed the wheel hub and drive axle. She needs new suspension but honestly I need a break from working on the car. I may just bring her to the shop. A new car sounds nice but the smiles I get from this car make me want to keep it.

Back