new Clutch squeals

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
EDITING OLD THREAD:

Took my car back today to get a used ACT clutch, ACT 12lb fly wheel and my innovative motor mounts installed today.
Got a call 2 hours later saying the used ACT clutch is really worn and in very bad shape,and highly recommends putting the SPEC stage3 back in.(SH143 is the part number)

They told me the throw out bearing was toast and will install my new ACT one I provided. But will not promise me the squealing sound will go away.

Since we know its a clutch/tranny related issue what could this be? Im already out almost 500$ for practically nothing getting done except T.O bearing,flywheel,motor mounts and new axle install.

should I give this clutch another shot or go ahead and order a NEW ACT or other clutch?

I know I dont have the car back YET but im just very frustrated and highly dis-appointed and let down

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Re: car squeals when accelerating.

Well, if the belt fixed it the first time... it's probably the belt. Are you using a Goodyear Gatorback belt? Those are big piles of **** and you should replace it with an OEM or Mitsuboshi belt... (Yes, Mitsuboshi is spelled correct)

It could be you're clutch though, mine squeals sometimes when I accelerate. What clutch disc are you using? Resurfaced flywheel shouldn't be an issue as long as they resurfaced the friction surface AND the pressure plate mounting surface (stepped flywheel). If they didn't resurface the flywheel correctly, the pressure plate will be mounted too far from the clutch disc and you'll lose clamping force.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

i bought the belts from TAS auto..i cant remember the brand..but i bought the OEM replacments..

the clutch and pressure plate are SPEC Stage 3..Im about to take it back to the shop and see what they say this time.

edit:They said it was my brand new clutch.Nothing to worry about,So i just have to be annoyed until I burn it up..not getting another SPEC again.

Last edited:

MyEvo08

Reaction score

My car does the samething and its a automatic... i dont think its the belt or any of that cuz its all new...but just have to get the timming belt

Erik123456789

Reaction score

does it only squeal everytime you shift as your letting go of your clutch then it stops when the gear is fully engaged?? what stage clutch are you running?

edit: oh yeah sorry read the part where you say what stage.. if its a stage 3 then its probably normal. Mine does the same thing and I've shown and asked people about it and they said *some* higher stage clutches tend to do that and it's normal.

Last edited:
Back