New member , havent done alot

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Got this CG5 in august. It needs some work for sure. 119k . marked up , needs clutch , cat converter , and a tune up.

Here is pictures from the first day i got it. Found oil in all cylinders. and the int. is trashed.

I have since then ; Cleaned all spark plugs (got rid of oil problem) , Cleaned the interior till it was alot better (still needs cleaned a lil more) , took off the hub caps , tried to fix HVAC (unsuccessfully) , removed bumper to put in corner light , realligned bumper , but honda badge on front bumper , WASHED the car and the engine bay , thats all i can think of as of right now.

Let me know what you think

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Some weird *** decals there. Not very high mileage to be in such such bad shape, nice job cleaning it up so far. Talk to CG6Lemon about that exterior side swipe. Interior looks prime for a leather swap.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
yea, , i figured someone wouldn't know what they were lol , as Jordan_H said, they are OddFuture decals. and u agree on the fact that the mileage doesn't match the damage. Trust me I have many plans for this thing , leather being one, along with the wood grain inserts. Thank you for the compliment on the cleaning , and i will definitely talk to CG6Lemon.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing the name/decal thing up. And thanks for the compliment. As much of a p.o.s. it is , i still see alot of potential in it , and plan to take it to its full potential.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Sweet score man! New valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals should have you back in business with that leak.. a lot of potential!

Go §teelers!!

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Making progress hopefully

So , i plan to order some things for mi car.

What spark plugs should i get? I live by NGK plugs ,and i hate bosch.

Plug wire brand?

Dist cap?

should i go synth oil , or conv. normal or high mileage?

I already have the clutch picked out, just an oem replacement for now(Exedy)

thanks, Josh

james'99

Reaction score
NGKs for sure. I'm running platinums.

Denso plug wires just because they're OEM.

Distributor cap, don't get the ACCEL clear one. I ordered their direct fit distributor kit and it was gonna require splicing into the wiring and I don't think modifying the car side of things is great. I never tried the cap out because I sent the whole thing back so I'm not impressed with them necessarily. Maybe Beck/Arnley? Not sure. I think I'm feeling OEM again on that one.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Why not get everything here? Maybe grab a thermostat too and do a coolant flush?

I use Mobil 1 gold cap. 5W-30. Couldn't be happier. If you find yourself losing oil but not leaking, try a 1/3 pint seafoam in the crankcase for 50 miles, then oil change. Take note of your engine's condition first. I would recommend a good compression test before performing this.

OEM exedy clutch is a great choice. I'm running one myself.

EDIT: Don't do seafoam in your crankcase. Don't like that you have oil in the cylinders at this point. What is wrong with the HVAC?

Last edited:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
It's pretty clear the previous owner didn't take very good care of it, especially considering how low the miles are... But I really do see potential in it, just needs some work and love. The inside really does look good though, maybe it's worse in person.

Back