New parts and still no fuel....

aC1dXbUrN

Reaction score
So I recently acquired a free 1998 2.3L sedan. It came with a few issues caused from it sitting for two years. My last and current issue is fuel delivery. I replayed the main assy. relay, fuel pump fuse, and the fuel pump itself. However, it still doesn’t start. There’s power to the harness (-3 +3 volts) but the pump doesn’t prime whatsoever. Does anyone have any ideas for what I should check next? It’s the last thing (so far, knock on wood) this car needed to be road legal. I feel so close and not having it moving is killing me.

Aaron98manual

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if you are getting power to your ECU? I had an issue where I could not get any codes or the code reader to connect to the ECU because the ground underneath the battery was corroded out

Aaron98manual

Reaction score
When I think back about the situation I remember believing that my fuel pump or my main fuel relay was bad because I couldn’t get anything to prime during start up. It turned out to be that my check engine light stayed off and the green key light did not turn on as well but the engine would crank. I would suggest removing the battery checking all the ground connections in the engine bay and also check the ground connection coming from the multiplex on the driver side

aC1dXbUrN

Reaction score
When I think back about the situation I remember believing that my fuel pump or my main fuel relay was bad because I couldn’t get anything to prime during start up. It turned out to be that my check engine light stayed off and the green key light did not turn on as well but the engine would crank. I would suggest removing the battery checking all the ground connections in the engine bay and also check the ground connection coming from the multiplex on the driver side
You know thinking out it, I can’t any codes on my reader either. The green key light is on and the check engine light is on too but maybe you’re right and the ecu isn’t getting power. So just check engine grounds? I need to get my hands on some schematics.

aC1dXbUrN

Reaction score
Kinda wanted to give an update. So as stated before when plugged in the code reader doesn’t come on (I know it works). So I tried a more... unconventional approach by botching pins 1 and 13 on the OBDII port... which in turn displays codes on the dash using a series of flashing lights (kinda like POST codes on a computer). Anyways, came up with P0001. Generic, however the cause seems likely. P0001 corresponds with a circuit issue from the ECM to the fuel pressure regulator on the injector rail. Doesn’t explain the low fuel pump voltage off the bat.... but it’s a start. And my main chassis ground off the battery has some minor corrosion but nothing serious and I’m having no other electrical issues.

BIGG AP

Reaction score
My question is how to fix idle up and down?as far as ur fuel delivery check ur ecu had same problem

Back