New speakers for 2002 Accord Coupe SE

JTM

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had a blown front speaker (passenger side) for ages and I am about ready to get new speakers. I would like to get both front and back speakers if it is somewhat affordable.

My issues in doing research is that I read some speakers won't fit or will hit the window glass. What size speakers do I need for the front and are there any that will be a direct fit without modification?

My budget will be about $100. I was thinking $50 for the front and $50 for the rear if that is manageable.

Also, I do have an upgraded Pioneer head unit that I installed myself so I should have enough power for better than stock speakers.

Thanks,

JTM

ey361995

Reaction score
Well for the fronts there is like a plastic backing but I had to cut that out to make the speaker fit, but I haven't had clearance problems. Umm try kennwood and pioneer. Ive always had excellent luck with them. the fronts are 6.5 and the rear are 6x9

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
It really depends on what your goals are. I haven't ran rear speakers in 10+ years- I myself wouldn't entertain running speakers off a headunit long term... Stepping stone maybe.

If you just want music then a cheap pair of coax's will do. A small amp will do wonders.

For us to make an educated suggestion please give us what you hope to achive-

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
$100 will not get you very good speakers. Stay away from pioneer speakers especially and any other walmart special speakers.

Go to a local dealer/shop that carries Kicker, Memphis, Alpine, and JL. You'll find affordable quality speakers from them.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
$100 will not get you very good speakers. Stay away from pioneer speakers especially and any other walmart special speakers.

Go to a local dealer/shop that carries Kicker, Memphis, Alpine, and JL. You'll find affordable quality speakers from them.

I went to finals last year with $40 worth of speakers... A 3way 6.5 3" and tweeter- cost isn't everything.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I went to finals last year with $40 worth of speakers... A 3way 6.5 3" and tweeter- cost isn't everything.

I do not believe that for a single second. $40 can't buy you anything good that is new, and not through some ridiculous deal.

josh352

Reaction score
I do not believe that for a single second. $40 can't buy you anything good that is new, and not through some ridiculous deal.

+1
Turbo5upra, what and where did you buy this from?

I would go to a shop like Valet said earlier. Alot of shops run specials and i managed to get 4 Memphis speakers for about $150 that were pretty good in my old truck.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score

Properly sourcing drivers will get you there- parts express peerless 6.5 drivers for 10 bucks each- old school polk 3.5 paper cone drivers for 18 bucks shipped for the pair. Tweeters that someone had laying around.

They don't have to be name brands to do an excellent job.

agginline86

Reaction score
Properly sourcing drivers will get you there- parts express peerless 6.5 drivers for 10 bucks each- old school polk 3.5 paper cone drivers for 18 bucks shipped for the pair. Tweeters that someone had laying around.

They don't have to be name brands to do an excellent job.

+1

I've seen and heard of more audio shops ripping people off WAY more often than them helping people out. I've always done my own audio work, it's not difficult, just take your time to plan everything out the way you want. As other members have said, it does depend on your goals though.

Back