nitrous dry kit

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ok, so i did a quick search, only had 2 threads, 1 of which was wildmans current classified. anyway, my friend at work has convinced me that id pretty pretty well off with like say a 50ish dry shot. so yes, im thinking about getting me a zex kit later this year possibly if i can afford it, hopefully i can. now, i read that ill need to upgrade my injectors, fuel pump, and spark plugs, is that it? he said that the dry kit would be safer then the wet kit. and if i do get a zex dry kit, how should i inject it? i was thinking fogger but how exactally does that work? i know it mixes the n2o and fule like right next to eachother i think. yea, i really have no idea how nitrous works, so any info would be appreciated.

HandoEX

Reaction score
A few quick things...you definately do not need injectors and a fuel pump unless you plan on going balls to the walls (100+ shot). Just colder plugs, premium fuel when spraying, and a window switch to keep from spraying through shifts.

Also, a wet kit is generally regarded as a better and safer alternative to a dry kit. My dry kit sprays the juice through a nozzle located on the intake pipe about 3 inches from the intake manifold and that's how all dry kits work. I'll let someone with more experience in subject explain how a wet kit works.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
HandoEX said:
A few quick things...you definately do not need injectors and a fuel pump unless you plan on going balls to the walls (100+ shot). Just colder plugs, premium fuel when spraying, and a window switch to keep from spraying through shifts.

Also, a wet kit is generally regarded as a better and safer alternative to a dry kit. My dry kit sprays the juice through a nozzle located on the intake pipe about 3 inches from the intake manifold and that's how all dry kits work. I'll let someone with more experience in subject explain how a wet kit works.

You correct.
A dry kit leaves the computer to mix the proper amount of fuel for the correct misture. Because of that, there's a greater chance of detonation which is not good

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
just to add in, a wet kit is considered safer because it adds in fuel when the nitrous is spraying, so you dont have to worry about injectors, fuel pump, etc. a wet kit uses an additional line (generally from the fpr or fuel rail, depending on the car) and combines the gas with the nitrous in the same, common nozzle. since nitrous creates more oxygen molecuels, the wet kit adds in more fuel because of the equation

more gas+more air-restrictions=more power lol

so the wet reduces the chance of detonation, but its kinda ghetto cause it just adds gas to the nitrous, not really telling it how much to add, unlike a computer-controlled dry kit.

MrChad

Reaction score
The dry kits main limit is two fold:
1. it's max limit of added N2O is usually determined by the duty cycle of the OE injectors/OE fuel pump, as you reach a point where you have no more fuel to add w/ the nitrous so you reach a platue. (this excludes the comp. ratio and build of the OEM motor etc.)

2. By only spraying N2O at the intake runner you also run a greater risk of burning up the closest piston (cylinder) before the others. (un-even mixing, sometimes caused by placing the nozzle too close to the TB. You usually hear of Piston no.1 or 4 dieing early in 4cyl cars running lots of dry nitrous.) This basically dumps a bunch of N2O in the first cylinder and runs it lean. Spraying at the intake track is good for low shots 50-75 in most cases though.

Nitrous is like any FI method, if you want really big numbers you need to build the block to take it. Lower comp. pistons, and re-inforced cylinders, rods, etc.

The best way to go for big HP and the most costly is a wet kit using direct port. (nozzle in each of the manifold runners or close to the chamber. A fogger kit works about the same but it fits between the manifold and head, or carburator and manifold. Depending on the kit. I doubt we have many carburated 6th gens if any.

A small shot dry kit should be safe, like a zex type kit. If you start pushing 100shot, you may want to look at those other upgrades.

The window switch (zex is basically it's own) keeps you from using nitrous too low or too high in the RPM band (and wrong gear) so you don't hurt the engine. Perfect time to use Nitrous and likely one of the best gears would be 2nd or 3rd gear on entrance ramps...

..given that none of the ad-hoc Accord turbo kits has ever caught my eye (I've never met a smooth running kit either, bogs etc.) a serious wet port kit would be tempting to me if I built a custom F23A. You could basically run on the OEM computer for most daily use and hammer the nitrous as needed. Not as always on as a turbo or s/c but I'm sure it could be made quite liveable. Not sure if the AEM EMS could be tuned to run such a kit smoothly.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ok, so if i plan on doing say, a 55 shot, would dry or wet be better? i dont wanna blow up my engine, i just wanna be faster then my friend, hahahaha. but yea, a 55 shot would be perfect for me. im sorta leaning more towards a wet kit tho now.

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
ok, so if i plan on doing say, a 55 shot, would dry or wet be better? i dont wanna blow up my engine, i just wanna be faster then my friend, hahahaha. but yea, a 55 shot would be perfect for me. im sorta leaning more towards a wet kit tho now.

I'm currently running a 75hp WET shot, and I think its the best bang for your buck. Anyways, go along with the wet kit, its safer and more reliable. Theres very little, more, work involved in this. Which is cutting of the fuel line and putting a T fitting in, and re routing the fuel to the solenoids. But anyways, like I said, go wet for sure.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
are you running a 75 on all stock motor? i really dont wanna have to do anythiing else, thats why i was thinking of a 55 shot.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
and if i do get a zex dry kit, how should i inject it? i was thinking fogger but how exactally does that work? i know it mixes the n2o and fule like right next to eachother i think. yea, i really have no idea how nitrous works, so any info would be appreciated.

No offense but if your asking these questions now, you shouldn't get a nitrous kit later on until you can answer them yourself and be 100% sure about it.

In any case, get a wet kit.

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
are you running a 75 on all stock motor? i really dont wanna have to do anythiing else, thats why i was thinking of a 55 shot.

yes. stock motor, with stock cam ect. runs great.

Back