No steel rims in NJ?

kamozee

Reaction score
So we're visiting Somerset, NJ from home (Toronto) and got a dent in our minivan wheel from a pothole. It's a 2006 Caravan so it's a 16x6.5 rim. All I wanted was to find a steel rim to place the current tire on. We've been to Walmart, Pep Boys, Goodyear and Sears Auto with no avail. Might be because it's a Sunday.

Back home, you can just stop into any Canadian Tire and get a rim. Now I'll have to spend another night here figuring this out. Any help from people in NJ?

I've been told to check STS tire. I'll also check local craigslist ads. Ebay was no luck

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
So we're visiting Somerset, NJ from home (Toronto) and got a dent in our minivan wheel from a pothole. It's a 2006 Caravan so it's a 16x6.5 rim. All I wanted was to find a steel rim to place the current tire on. We've been to Walmart, Pep Boys, Goodyear and Sears Auto with no avail. Might be because it's a Sunday.

Back home, you can just stop into any Canadian Tire and get a rim. Now I'll have to spend another night here figuring this out. Any help from people in NJ?

I've been told to check STS tire. I'll also check local craigslist ads. Ebay was no luck

You're actually a half hour from Andy and I lol

I can't believe no one can find you a wheel over there. Maybe try one of the car dealers on 22...?

I rarely make it over there so other than what you already mentioned, I'm no help. Sorry

kamozee

Reaction score
So I was in NYC and saw a "flat fix" shop on 31st & 10th. He sent me to Carlo's Fix Flat Shop on 45th because he didn't have any used rims. In 15 minutes I was on the road with a used steel wheel & tire that only cost me $90. They also took the blown tire off my Caravan rim and put my spare back. Highly recommended if you are in the city

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
yea u'll rarely find tire places like that out in those small suburby towns in jersey, u have to go to the cities closest thing to might have been some place in plainfield right off rt.22 on front street dunno the exact name tho

Back