no vtekss?!

jeffpanya

Reaction score
so just found out i dont hear vtec going in anymore which is weird, oil level is good, mods are intake headers gutted cat and straight piped lol, but it just stopped working for some reason, i've always had a CEL on and my vtec still worked, got about 170k on it, wtf is going on?

probably should have posted under accord tech or so, move if needed

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
Its probably your Vtec solenoid. If it's clogged up, it'll prevent you from engaing Vtec. Are you able to rev over 4k rpm?

Darianjr1

Reaction score
OMGGGG thats like a man with no balls you have no fury ;( im feeling ya pain for ya hope you find it out asap

Velaz009

Reaction score
Its your vtec solenoid bro same thing happened to me you can only go to honda for this. You dont have to replace the whole solenoid try replacing the gasket that faces the motor first if this doesnt work you will probably have to change the whole thing (its expensive too).

dcmystery21

Reaction score
You could hear your accord hit vtec? I could never hear mine. The k20 on the other hand...

You might have to clean/replace that screen (filter) that sits in your vtec solenoid. Also, scan your car to make sure no other codes popped up.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
I can redline it all day. I'll check the screen out. Just 3 bolts and it should be out ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accordman722

Reaction score
If the solenoid and the screen are clean... check your oil pressure sensor and your water temp sensor.. I had the same problem literatly two day ago lol it was the water temp senso on the side of the head under the distributor..

jeffpanya

Reaction score
I'll check those out man. Thanks a lot. Keep u guys posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back