NY State Inspection Inquiry

MikeyMike

Reaction score
ok, im doing the cl-s tranny, aka CEL's like a mother ****er.

Now my question is,

If i do motor & tranny, w/ CL-S ECU, that will NOT throw CEL's, but my question is, will the car register an accord spec inspection with a cl-s ecu?

any comments (hopefully someone up here is a certified inspector)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Not sure about NY, Buy Jersey, as long as your CEL is not on and you pass emissions, you're good regardless of motor and tranny swap

MikeyMike

Reaction score
blacknight said:
Not sure about NY, Buy Jersey, as long as your CEL is not on and you pass emissions, you're good regardless of motor and tranny swap

im tryin to save myself a 13+ hr drive to chicago. If i can get a used motor, harness & ECU for less then it would cost me to get to chicago, part for installation, and pay for a custom wire harness to trick the computer, ill get the motor and find a place here to do the swap. Considering it will be pretty much a bolt up since i have all the parts. I was going to chicago so richiev6 from v6p can do the swap for me, and do his thing to trick the oem ECU into thinking its still an Auto in 1st gear, so it wouldnt throw the CEL.

DaAccord98

Reaction score
MikeyMike said:
ok, im doing the cl-s tranny, aka CEL's like a mother ****er.

Now my question is,

If i do motor & tranny, w/ CL-S ECU, that will NOT throw CEL's, but my question is, will the car register an accord spec inspection with a cl-s ecu?

any comments (hopefully someone up here is a certified inspector)

just come down 2 manhattan and u will have no problem at all wit inspection they wouldnt even kno u have a swap

Back