Official 0-60 Thread

NASOHC

Reaction score
I'd make one but my speedo does not read accurately as well as my rpm gauge :D

Just know I've smoked a 2008 R32 GTI heads up all the way past a 1/4 mile distance. Yeah, an AWD 200+hp/tq German crap. Can't blame driver either, it's an automatic so you can't miss a shift.

I guess my car should be somewhere around 5.8-6.0 sec 0-60mph and a 1/4mile of low-mid 14's. All for less than 1/2 of a $30k German Engineering! Woohoo, sleeper SOHC FTW!

Edmunds:

Powertrains and Performance

A 3.2-liter V6 (hence the "32" in the car's name) with 250 hp and 236 pound-feet of torque powers the R32. It's paired with a dual-clutch sequential automanual gearbox ("DSG") that sends the power to all four wheels via Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel-drive system. The V6 provides a broad power spread and a hearty exhaust note, while the DSG snaps off shifts as soon as you flick the wheel-mounted paddles. Left to shift on its own, it works just fine, but selecting the "Sport" setting results in it downshifting (often with a "clunk") when it's really not needed.

Performance estimates put the 0-60-mph sprint at an estimated 6.5 seconds, which is respectable considering the R32's rather portly (3,500-pound) mass. Passing maneuvers and high-speed cruising are effortless and relatively hushed, a result of the car's autobahn pedigree. Fuel economy is estimated at 18 mpg city and 23 mpg highway.

Another Road Test (6.2 0-60mph):

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2711b.shtml

Last edited:
Back