Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Lounge' started by LeBirdNest, Feb 12, 2013.

1. bagoon316

bagoon316 Well-Known Member

Just seems every hole is different. The first green is very generous, then the next is a par 5 with a tiny green, with giant deep slopes to the sides. Its a pretty tough course, since Florida is mostly flat. There aren't many hills and undulations except this course. I'll take pics if we make it out there.

2. 98ExAccordwv

98ExAccordwv I'm Old

Played in a scramble about a week ago came in second with -8...left several strokes out there though. Playing in another scramble Friday afternoon. I haven't been able to play much outside of work related scrambles this year though.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Fearless Leader Staff Member

I have lived on a golf course, by that I mean helped build them from when I was 14. Family owned golf construction company. We recent just sold off a course that we somewhat owned and I worked on both sides, clubhouse and maintenance. I love golf and I am good at it(averaged 76s - 80s) but don't like playing it much. Its like when you work on one, you want to get away from it and not sit there and play on one for 4 hours. :shrug:

4. bagoon316

Shot a 45 last night in league. Played pretty well I think.

One trip, two dbl, three bogeys, three pars. Par 35 front/back.

5. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

You're on your way to being a scratch player.

I need to get out there. Haven't gone in a couple weeks

6. bagoon316

Thanks, I still need a lot of work. Still have tendencies to lift, and sway at times. Especially with the driver. I can hit my 3 wood 230 on average, yesterday I bombed it 250 (336 yd par4, 87 left to center of green). The driver and fairway should be same swing, I just cant figure it out. I need hardcore range time. I scrambled well yesterday also, some nice punch shots, and my wedges were on it.