Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Lounge' started by LeBirdNest, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

Razr X black? Which is what I have. Or the razr x fit? The fits are like 300 haha

2. LeBirdNest

LeBirdNest Titleist

Yea razr x black. It is a great driver! Also saw a 3-W used set of steel shafted Titleist 981's for 50$ They need new grips but damn that cheap.

3. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

Sounds a little cheap... Condition must have been rough

4. LeBirdNest

LeBirdNest Titleist

Blades were stellar, shafts werent too bad but the grips were falling off.

5. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

i'd rather spend time making my game better than money on gear to make me look better

6. 98ExAccordwv

98ExAccordwv I'm Old

This is why I've yet to purchase a new set of clubs. But, that being said, nothing compares to having a fitted set of clubs. I mean think about it this way, you're trying to make your game match your clubs, when your clubs can be made to match your game nowadays.

I'm really contemplating getting a fitted set of Ping Irons this year, we'll see what the wife has to say though :lawl:

7. LeBirdNest

LeBirdNest Titleist

I know what you mean :lawl: My drives have gotten substantially better and my approaches/chips have always been good. My putting sucks for sure but I 100% feel its because of my putter. That putter has been a mythical creature to try and tame since the day I bought it. :lawl: It was great in the store :lawl:. So that said, once J's driver becomes mine MUAHAHAHAH, all I will need to get are some irons. My irons lack so much in the weight department. They are heavy shafted but not enough weight in the face themselves which forces me to swing harder with less control to give the ball the distance i'm looking for. With a heavier face on a lighter shaft I can achieve distance and articulation with my natural swing, which is fluid and very controlled. I have had these clubs since i was 13 as well. :lawl: I've grown a bit since then.

8. dharding413

dharding413 Keep it simple.

I'll definitely second the idea that fitting is crucial to take your game to the next level. Even if its as simple as trying a few different shafts on a new driver, finding what fits you best can really really help. For example, what shawn was talking about with his drives being tok low may not be best corrected by changing the loft, but the shaft (different weight, flex, tip combos can make a big difference for ball flight). Ideally, everyone could afford to have a whole set fitted, but lets face it, that's expensive as hell.

9. LeBirdNest

LeBirdNest Titleist

So im going back to pga store today to test out those clubs and possibly buy and re grip. We'll see.

10. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

It's amazing how hard it is to find nice fitting clubs...