*OFFICIAL* J30A1 to CL-S 6spd MT SwapList

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
im now fully dedicated to do the 6 speed swap. richie who makes the harness told me i could use the same tranny and whole setup from a v6 7th gen accord, so im going that route. i probably wont have all the parts till the end of next summer. anybody here do the swap them selves or take it to a shop? ive heard its pretty easy but i think that depends on how skillful you are.

btw im buying mostly everything from a junkyard except for the tranny, so ill probably be spending less than 2 g's at the most on parts.

I've found quite a few7th Gen 6spd transmissions at junkyards on the east coast... think the cheapest i've seen was like $700 or $800 with about 30K milies... If I can get my wheel well rust under control I would be all over doing a 6spd swap

Levi

Reaction score
damn that really is cheap. i been looking on car-part.com but the prices are kinda up there.

L3G10N

Reaction score
Hey Mikey, do you have any pictures when you did this swap?
I saw the one with the empty engine bay but..... any more?

blinkz0rz

Reaction score
so would we be looking into buying a 4.0 v6 tranny? would that work? or was it a 3.0?

Yeah, either the 2006+ Honda 3.0L V6 or Acura's 3.2L V6 from 03+ for the 6speed came with the 6speed MT.

I wanna know if you retained Cruise Control from doing the swap to manual.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
na i dumped cc... ps: the new accord v6's have a smaller flywheel, and im unsure if they come with lsd.. cl-s has lsd(not the best one in the world but its there)

Hey Mikey, do you have any pictures when you did this swap?
I saw the one with the empty engine bay but..... any more?

na only other picture i have is when i had the valve cover off to adjust the valves (which is also in that pic on pg 1)

cragster

Reaction score
so this page is dedicated to the CL-S 6 speed swap correct, but i read up there something about a 7th gen 6 speed bolts up too?
those tranny's seem alot more easier to come by.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
so this page is dedicated to the CL-S 6 speed swap correct, but i read up there something about a 7th gen 6 speed bolts up too?
those tranny's seem alot more easier to come by.

ya 7thgen trans fits, you need different parts tho, this is for the 03 cl-s 6spd, which IMO is just a better transmission, but others willl dissagree

F23A1AT

Reaction score
ur doing a J35 build w/oddessy internals right? How are you going to trick the ECU for a 6spd?

Back