Official Movie Review Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrosCntryAccord, Feb 1, 2009.

1. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

Here's the deal, this is going to be the bastard child of the product review thread, but I don't care.

Guidelines are as follows:
    1)List movie title
    2)List your rating of the movie (0-5 scale)
    3)Give an actor/actress rundown
    4)Give a brief synopsis of the film (no spoilers)
    5)Answer the questions: Would you watch this again and why or why not?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. CrosCntryAccord

1)Black Snake Moan
    2)4.0 out of 5
    3)Samuel Jackson, Christina Ricci, Justin Timberlake
    4)After J.T.'s character leaves for active duty, Ricci can no longer restrain her sexual addiction and goes on a night long binge of booze and sex that eventually leaves her at the healing hands of Samuel Jackson. Jackson takes her in, and after numerous escape attempts (she's on drugs), he ties chain around her waist and attempts to show her how to live a better life
    5)Would you watch this again and why or why not? I'd watch it again in a heartbeat, it was awesome, incredibly adult, one of the best acting jobs Sam Jackson has done in recent memories, lots of profanity, nudity and soul. Great acting, great script and direction, its a true movie store diamond.

3. 00Accord4cyl

00Accord4cyl The Orange Skittle

1)Taken
    2)4.5
    3)Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen, Maggie Grace,
    4) Liam Neeson is a former secret agent living in the US. He is divorced and has a 17-year-old daughter Kim (Maggie Grace) who lives with his ex-wife and her new husband Stuart . Kim takes a vacation to Paris with her friend. When they get to Paris both of them are kidnapped. The whole movie is Neeson trying to get her back. That is really all i can say without diving into the plot more.
    5)Answer the questions: Would you watch this again and why or why not?
    Yes i would, i would even spend money to see it again in the theater if it didn't cost so much haha. The storyline was great, but some parts rather disturbing since stuff like this happens in real life. Lots of action, the acting is great, and there are some SWEET Audi's in the movie. Only problem with the movie was probably just the theater's fault..Whenever there were subtitles we couldn't read it because they were cut off

4. Accord_4_life

Accord_4_life Well-Known Member

1) Gran Torino
    2) 5/5
    3) Clint Eastwood was an amazing actor in this movie. Played the part very well and was also the director.
    4) Basically an old man (eastwood) who fought in the Korean war. His wife just passd away and his neighborhood was being taken over by immagrants. He is obviouslly racest and old fashion. After saving a chinese boy Tao, who's family just moved in next door from a gang, they begin to give him gifts to thank him. They wouldnt accept his excuse that he just wanted them off his lawn. He slowlly begins to accept and actually love the whole family and begins to spend alot of time with this boy who he keeps calling "toad" (his actual name is Tao)
    5) I would definatly watch it again. I would actually go and see it in theatres again if I knew a bunch of people were going to se it. As soon as this movie comes out on DVD I will be buying it.

5. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

1)The Curious case of Benjamin Buttons
    2)3.5
    3)Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchett
    4)A man is born as an 80yr old infant and lives his life backwards, while all those around him grow old normally. Through his life journey he experiences life/love/loss.
    5)I would watch again, partly because I missed the first 20 minutes and also, because it was such a long movie, there are subtles things that get missed the first time, and it was good enough to warrant a second watch. I wouldn't agree that it was necessarily Oscar worthy, but still worth a watch.

6. CrosCntryAccord

please leave the thread to reviews, if you want to make comments on someone's review please do it in a separate thread (if i had full mod powers i'd use them to delete your post :p)

7. henreeezy xp

henreeezy xp Well-Known Member

1)Memento
    2)4
    3)Guy Pearce
    4)His wife get's raped and murdered and he tries to solve the mystery with a condition
    5)no. LOL fking trippy!

8. CrosCntryAccord

1) Robocop
    2) 3
    3) Peter Weller, Kurtwood Smith
    4) Set in the future, Detroit is crime infested and a new cop gets killed on his first day in the rough neighborhood of north Detroit. He is turned into a robot and begins to go after the men who shot and killed him.
    5) its a good period piece, nice dystopian elements, not a bad movie but its not one i'd run out and watch either

9. CrosCntryAccord

1) Taken
    2) 4
    3)Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen
    4) Girl goes to Europe for the summer, while there she gets abducted to be sold into prostitution. Liam Neeson is a former special ops guy who must go to Paris and kick a lot of *** to get his daughter back.
    5) Yes. It was a good movie, plenty of action, legitimate fight sequences, nothing over the top, totally believable, only an hour and a half long, including credits, great story, nice pacing, all around good movie.

10. CrosCntryAccord

1)Changling
    2)3.5
    3)Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, directed by Clint Eastwood
    4)A woman who's child goes missing fights against the corrupt LAPD when they present her with a boy thats not her son.
    5)Yes, I'd watch it again. Though I wasn't terribly entranced by the film, the acting was phenomenal. Malkovich give another stellar performance and Donovan (Burn Notice) steals every scene he's in. Its a good date movie if your girl is into mystery/suspense. All in all it was above average, the directing was excellent as well as the cinematography. All it lacked was something compelling to hook me in.