Official Signet Silver Metallic Cru!

juicebox00

Reaction score
re-seal headlights w/ stock stuff. Then afterwards put a line of silicone around the whole headlight

juicebox00

Reaction score
I will be guaranteed absolutely no fogging with this method?

yes, just obviously make sure you re-heat the sealant well before putting the headlights back together.
Oven method(damp towel on rack, 325 degrees for 5min) for taking them apart works best. Heat gun for putting them back together.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I will be guaranteed absolutely no fogging with this method?

Yes you will not get any fogging. Its pretty fail proof.
Once opened up and blackhoused and paint has dried...
Heat up lights(heat gun makes it easer). Push two parts together. Use some sort of clamp or painters tape to hold them tightly together. Let them stay to cool. Add silicone around and let it set as well. Install lights on car. Install bumper. Look at car and drink beer.

J30MAN

Reaction score
yes, just obviously make sure you re-heat the sealant well before putting the headlights back together.
Oven method(damp towel on rack, 325 degrees for 5min) for taking them apart works best. Heat gun for putting them back together.

I was gonna do heat gun both ways but heat gun would be a b**** taking them apart lol. thanks! rep'd

J30MAN

Reaction score
Yes you will not get any fogging. Its pretty fail proof.
Once opened up and blackhoused and paint has dried...
Heat up lights(heat gun makes it easer). Push two parts together. Use some sort of clamp or painters tape to hold them tightly together. Let them stay to cool. Add silicone around and let it set as well. Install lights on car. Install bumper. Look at car and drink beer.

And thank you! ill rep you too.

juicebox00

Reaction score
np man, can't wait to see pics of them done. btw, remember to use gloves and use a flat head to pry them apart. can re-heat for a minute or two if you cant get them apart fast enough

J30MAN

Reaction score
im about to run out and get some gas before the storm tomorrow...and was gonna pop over to autozone to get some sealant for my headlight project on my snowday from school tomorrow....what should i get at autozone/advanced auto for sealant?? ive heard to use RTV...what should i use?

001Stunna

Reaction score
im about to run out and get some gas before the storm tomorrow...and was gonna pop over to autozone to get some sealant for my headlight project on my snowday from school tomorrow....what should i get at autozone/advanced auto for sealant?? ive heard to use RTV...what should i use?

When i did mine i just used the glue thats on them already and just 100% White or Black Silicone. I think there's one that states "for outdoor use" as it'll withstand a higher range of temperatures.

Back