Oil leak...

619rcr

Reaction score
Ok so ive got alot of info... Cleaned it up under the car. Ran it, got it warm.....AAAAANNNDDD nothing..not a drop..lol.. checked the stick, plenty inside.. so turned it off, to go back to the drawing board... came back out to get my computer out and noticed had oil under the car.. it almost looks like its coming from where the oil filter would connect to the motor..( dont know what its called. but the Plate and adapter between the block and filter on the block side) I will be taking it to a shop this week to put it on the lift to see better..

Oil filter housing gasket is what its called. really easy to fix. Take the filter off. Use the correct size socket & unscrew the center bolt. While leaving the coolant hoses attached, move cooler assy to the side & Replace the gasket. Snug the bolt back down. Put new filter back on.

BTW, laying under the car with flashlight waiting for oil to leak doesn't work, unless the leak is from a pressurized source. Most leaks just seep out when the car is sitting with the pan full of oil. Think about it. When the car is running most of the oil is running around the block & head. Which is why most leaks take a few days to really show up.

Last edited:

metrick1235

Reaction score
Oil filter housing gasket is what its called. really easy to fix. Take the filter off. Use the correct size socket & unscrew the center bolt. While leaving the coolant hoses attached, move cooler assy to the side & Replace the gasket. Snug the bolt back down. Put new filter back on.

BTW, laying under the car with flashlight waiting for oil to leak doesn't work, unless the leak is from a pressurized source. Most leaks just seep out when the car is sitting with the pan full of oil. Think about it. When the car is running most of the oil is running around the block & head. Which is why most leaks take a few days to really show up.

Thanks for all the help. I got it fixed!! its $16.00 for the gasket. and just a little bit of time for work.. Easily replaced...

Back