Old is gone

Raul

Reaction score
Just sold my sony A300 for little less than what I got it for. Luckily I already took pics for silhouette and heat contests. Looking forward to pick up a Canon Rebel T1i or any nice Canon DSLR when there is sale :). All the canon guys pitch in for suggestions and advice. Thanks!:rock:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
reasons for wanting a canon? or is it just because "everyone else has one"? :Smoker:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
When you decide on a camera (any of the camera's in Canon's lineup are great) the first lens you should buy is the nifty fifty (50mm F/1.8 II) without a doubt. After that, the 18-55 IS is an excellent lens and can be had for less than $150

Raul

Reaction score
reasons for wanting a canon? or is it just because "everyone else has one"? :Smoker:

lotsa lenses for a decent price. has so many cool functions like monochrome etc. I always wanted a Canon Rebel T1i but I went with sony cuz it was cheaper. Oh well, at least I learnt lotsa stuff and I will be better with Canon. and yes because everyone else has one:flipoff:

When you decide on a camera (any of the camera's in Canon's lineup are great) the first lens you should buy is the nifty fifty (50mm F/1.8 II) without a doubt. After that, the 18-55 IS is an excellent lens and can be had for less than $150
Thats exactly what I am going to do. I was reading differences between IS and USM. USM seems better but IS is more expensive. So which one is better then? :|

xluben

Reaction score
IS and USM are two completely different things.

Image Stabilization allows you to take clear pictures at much slower shutter speeds.

Ultra Sonic Motor is a focusing method (the fastest made by Canon).

I would go for the 18-55 IS as a first lens over the 50 1.8

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lotsa lenses for a decent price. has so many cool functions like monochrome etc. I always wanted a Canon Rebel T1i but I went with sony cuz it was cheaper. Oh well, at least I learnt lotsa stuff and I will be better with Canon. and yes because everyone else has one:flipoff:
i dont mean to sound like a dick...but...the "picture mode" thingers are pretty worthless since any good image software will blow them out of the water.

in the same vein, no camera makes a person better. even that sony has soooooooo much more potential than you could ever hope to achieve.

but don't worry...i will be the first to admit that any camera is more capable at producing better results than i can make with it. just keep that in mind...theres no way a camera can make you better...

xx24xx

Reaction score
Are you referring to the "Creative Auto Mode"?

I myself am still juxtaposing Canon vs. Nikon. :thumbsup:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ahhh...thats the one. in my camera they're "digital filters" or something like that.

Photoshop kills the camera for a B&W conversion.

as far as what brand...use what feels best, which one you feel comfortable with. every camera has its tradeoffs and there are no incapable dslr's these days.

finch13

Reaction score
I would still stick with the big players though.... Canon, Nikon, Pentax... none of that Sony Alpha crap.

I've used all 3 and Canon feels like home for me, but Pentax is a close second. Never liked Nikons, even owned one, but they just don't feel quite right.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the old pentax motto used to be "just hold a pentax"

even my late-60s spotmatic feels just right. of all the pentax cameras ive used/held, they all feel good. kind of like a honda...plus most things are in the same spot in different cars. you know youre still in a honda...

nikons feel like holding a cardboard box but canons (the bigger ones...xxD and up) feel pretty good. not crazy about 362 buttons though.

Back