Old is gone

Raul

Reaction score
i dont mean to sound like a dick...but...the "picture mode" thingers are pretty worthless since any good image software will blow them out of the water.

in the same vein, no camera makes a person better. even that sony has soooooooo much more potential than you could ever hope to achieve.

but don't worry...i will be the first to admit that any camera is more capable at producing better results than i can make with it. just keep that in mind...theres no way a camera can make you better...

you did sound like one but its okay, no hard feelings. I remember you said once if you were me, you wouldnt get sony alpha dslr in first place. I never meant any camera can make a person better, what I meant is with practice, experience and better equipment you get better. Is that wrong?:thumbsup:

finch13

Reaction score
I used the same ****ty Canon Digi Rebel 1st gen for 6 years before I felt "good enough" to step up to a better, more advanced camera. It's all about the user, I've got some shots from the Rebel that easily compete with my 40D.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
the old pentax motto used to be "just hold a pentax"

even my late-60s spotmatic feels just right. of all the pentax cameras ive used/held, they all feel good. kind of like a honda...plus most things are in the same spot in different cars. you know youre still in a honda...

nikons feel like holding a cardboard box but canons (the bigger ones...xxD and up) feel pretty good. not crazy about 362 buttons though.

By far, the ergonomics on my 5D are the best out of any camera I've used to date. My 30D had great ergonomics as well, but the 5D "fits" a little better I think.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you did sound like one but its okay, no hard feelings. I remember you said once if you were me, you wouldnt get sony alpha dslr in first place. I never meant any camera can make a person better, what I meant is with practice, experience and better equipment you get better. Is that wrong?:thumbsup:
what i take issue with is people having a certain brand just to have a certain name on the prism housing. ever heard people shopping for a camera tell the sales person "i want a canon/nikon" without having the first clue what they're buying? thats what it is.

i started with a canon, kept it for less than a year, and switched to pentax. it fits my style perfectly, and i could care less what brand it was. just so happens i like their film SLRs too, as i have 4 at the moment.

most of my stuff is pentax, but i also have a yashica, fuji, ricoh, 3 olympuses, a leica, and a vivitar...along with 2 sony PnS cams. i use a nikon flash on my SLRs.

if you feel that canon as a system has more to offer, then go for it. i'm not saying they're bad cameras...its that some people have the "i want a _____ because its a _____." thats all :)
I used the same ****ty Canon Digi Rebel 1st gen for 6 years before I felt "good enough" to step up to a better, more advanced camera. It's all about the user, I've got some shots from the Rebel that easily compete with my 40D.
i have some 16x20" prints made by the 300D. it was capable at everything i wanted it to do...it just didn't work the way i wanted to use a camera.
By far, the ergonomics on my 5D are the best out of any camera I've used to date. My 30D had great ergonomics as well, but the 5D "fits" a little better I think.
the 5d feels nice, indeed. its almost (almost) at the point where its too small without the grip, but would be too big with. i definitely like the feel of mid-upper models of canons better than the corresponding nikons.

Back