opinions plz: HID w/o harness?

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score
again, to all: thank you for replying to my concern.

well, i tried them out about 10 minutes ago (school girl glee scream...)

but the initial flickering is what scared me...it took about 2-4 seconds to pick up enough heat (not sure how normal)...and also looking at my wires (and current financial pickle) i dont wanna burn 5 bills trying to replace my OEM harness...yes, im a wuss. (not to mention i have to be at work in 30 and didnt have enough time to find a decent spot for the ballasts without removing my bumper.)

my point really, im not sure what full extent condition my OEM harness is so ill wait a few days or just succumb to the dark side. (temptation is strong)

kurtage77

Reaction score
From my experience, I say get the relay harness as soon as you can.
When I got my HID's (35w DDM) I didn't have the harness and because I was stupid and so amazed by HID's, I would turn them on and off a little too much. (The difference is still amazing :ohyou:)
Because of this, I blew a fuse causing my dash lights, parking lights, and tail lights to go out...and of course this was on the highway 9:00 at night.

So basically, if you don't have the harness now and your HID's are in, turn them on and leave them on until you're done driving. :thumbsup:

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score
From my experience, I say get the relay harness as soon as you can.
When I got my HID's (35w DDM) I didn't have the harness and because I was stupid and so amazed by HID's, I would turn them on and off a little too much. (The difference is still amazing :ohyou:)
Because of this, I blew a fuse causing my dash lights, parking lights, and tail lights to go out...and of course this was on the highway 9:00 at night.

So basically, if you don't have the harness now and your HID's are in, turn them on and leave them on until you're done driving. :thumbsup:

wow, i do remember reading your post question asking about what was wrong...good thing it was just a fuse o_o

will do! thx for the heads up

Back