Parts in suspension

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I just got new struts that I want to put in with my coilovers. But I also want to keep my entire OEM suspension so I can just swap them out once the snow falls. My question is what parts do I all need? Like bump stops, etc. Thanks guys

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Once you get everything taken off the car and disassembled, just reassemble your stock springs and struts the way they were originally. I can't remember if there are bump stops or not.........

Phut

Reaction score
what i think he/she is saying is that they still want to keep the stock strut assembly intact and with the new struts and coilover sleeves is get new uppermounts and bumpstops. putting together the stock springs, struts, and uppermounts will be a real pain in the ***.

i'd suggest just getting brand new, or used if you can find some at a junkyard, uppermounts and bumpstops(just modify them for the new suspension). there, you'll have two separate suspension systems that can be swapped out easily.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I want two complete setups for easy swapability. I'm a he by the way :D

Phut

Reaction score
online, i seen that tirerack sell those items that you're looking for. you probably can go to an autoparts store and see if they have them.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Thanks again. I just wanted to make sure I only needed upper mounts and bump stops. I went to an auto parts store and they were like "Huh? You drive a what? Here are some bushings, now go away" Not really, but that was the vibe I got

yellowfever

Reaction score
hehe, yeah id like to know too cause im about to put my shocks and springs in and i wanted to know what lil parts i should replace while im at it. BTW do you have to take off any of the stabilizer bars in the process?

Back