Picked up H22 tranny (M2A4), which clutch and light flywheel?

BigAnt

Reaction score
I picked a M2A4 H22 tranny today. Which clutch and light flywheel should I get when I do the swap.

I plan on swapping a H22A sometime in the next 3-4 months.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
if i'm not mistaken, f series flywheel and clutch should be interchangeable ... so the question is do you want oem or aftermarket performance ... my h trans is still oem, i left the act prolite flywheel and clutch in the f trans ... it's a nice set up but i'm too lazy to swap it lol

BigAnt

Reaction score
if i'm not mistaken, f series flywheel and clutch should be interchangeable ... so the question is do you want oem or aftermarket performance ... my h trans is still oem, i left the act prolite flywheel and clutch in the f trans ... it's a nice set up but i'm too lazy to swap it lol

LOL. Yeah, I know that the flywheel and clutch are interchangable between the F and H motor and trans.

I'm going towards performance wise. I want a light flywheel and a clutch. I was thinking of getting the Exedy stage 1 clutch and the fidanza light flywheel.

Tell me what you guys think?

I would like to hear people's personal experience with their own.

Fuzz

Reaction score
A lightweight flywheel makes the car a bit harder to daily driver. You have to be quicker on the clutch, faster with your shifts as the car will drop revs really quicky.

I have a fidenza flywheel with an OEM Clutch. Might change the clutch to a Bully clutch next year if I need to change it.

Car is going under the knife again this year.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
it doesnt really make it harder.. just different.. im sure he will get used to it within a couple minutes... its only harder on people who have trouble with stock clutch/flywheel set-ups in the first place (noobies lol)

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
it doesnt really make it harder.. just different.. im sure he will get used to it within a couple minutes... its only harder on people who have trouble with stock clutch/flywheel set-ups in the first place (noobies lol)

^ this ... it's just like driving a manual car other than your own for the first time ... it just takes some getting used to

jaron001

Reaction score
i wouldnt go with fidanza or clutchmaster ( they are the samething just CM's fly is blue and rebranded) i bought one and the teeth gear broke free from the fly in about 5 months. i have a ACT streetlight now though i would go with any fly that is 1pc

Steverino

Reaction score
ACT HDSS clutch kit with ProLite flywheel.

Best and most reliable combo.

I've actually since switched to Competition Clutch Stage 4 with ACT ProLite.

Back