Power locks and windows not working after battery cord issue

erik162000

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post, my friend told me about this forum.

I have a 98 LX and was cleaning my battery terminal posts and in the process the positive cable clamp was so corroded that it broke off, so I replaced it.

Now the power locks aren't working at all either with the switches on the driver and passenger doors or with turning the key in the doors as well.
Also, just the drivers window will roll down but none of the other doors.

I checked all fuses and none were blown and I even tried to clear the ECU by removing the back-up clock fuse.

I just can't figure it out and would like to see if someone out there has had this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
-erik162000

erik162000

Reaction score
Correction: Both driver side (front and back) windows are working, the passenger sides do not work.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
I believe your system needs to be reset, google how to reset the power door features on your car and your problem should be solved. If you can't find anything on that then disconnect the battery for 5 min then connect it back and see if everything works.

Last edited:

erik162000

Reaction score
Thanks Gil'sCG6 for the response. I was able to find some results on resetting the Multiplex system (or something like that) and will give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:

erik162000

Reaction score
I fixed it. I referred to Honda service bulletin 99-022 and had to reset the multiplexer. Easy process. Just put the wiper delay ring to the middle position and then turn ignition to the II position.

617565a4-6e82-779b.jpg

sabSquishy

Reaction score
What the random? Wipers in the middle and turn on the ignition? Who thinks of this stuff lol

Back