problem after problem

F23sleeper

Reaction score
So I pretty mich had to do a decent overhaul on the accord and now running into problems.my clutch was shot to no end and back. After replacing the clutch and putting everuthing back together the problems start. For some reason it will not let me select any other gear except for 1st 3rd and reverse. Its almost is if the gears are blocked. You cannot get it to move in there .it has been one problem after another and I am quite frustrated.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Ok so got that fixed. There are two spring like things on the inside of the selector and a divider. One side of the spring thing had jumped the divider and wouldn't let me shift over . Now I have another problem. I replaced the passenger side cv axle and now I am leaking tranny fluid from the cv axle.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
1st two things: Is the new axle inserted all the way? Did you seat the new axle seal correctly (if you replaced it)?

Prying against the trans case the wrong way or w/the wrong tool when removing the old axle and/or seal can create little scratches/indentations in the casing that allow trans fluid to leak out.

How severe is the leak?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
1st two things: Is the new axle inserted all the way? Did you seat the new axle seal correctly (if you replaced it)?

Prying against the trans case the wrong way or w/the wrong tool when removing the old axle and/or seal can create little scratches/indentations in the casing that allow trans fluid to leak out.

How severe is the leak?

^this

Also if you didnt use an OEM seal from Honda it will 9 times out of 10 leak.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to respond have been at work. I used a wide prybar and a cloth to keep from pryin agains the tranny. I didnt replace the seal but when I seen it dripping I drove down to honda and picked up a new seal. It is like 1 block from were I work then took the car back home. Its a fairly decent leak. I just got off and bout to start tearin it down then I will get you all updated. Thanks for the fast responses.

F23sleeper

Reaction score
Ok everyone so here is the update. After work I tore it all apart and instantly seen a problem. I reached up and grabbed the cv axle and barely pulled and it slid out the seal was also screwed. So I replaced the seal and reinstalled the cv axle.started putting everything back together and to my suprise the top bolt was missing from my damper fork. Here is what had happened. The other day I had put everything back together except the passenger side cv axle and suspension and had to leave for work. My father finished putting it all back. He didn't make sure the cv axle was installed completely as he has never replaced one. And after installing the dampner fork he just stuck the top bolt in and never tightened it. Moral of the story never let someone else work on your ride unless you are present. This could have became a huge problem if I hadn't been so ocd about my car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Holy crap, you might want to sleep in a suit of armor in case he's done any work on the house. :lawl:

But srsly, glad that's fixed.

Back