Problems on Startup

Reaction score
Alright so I've done a decent amount of searching and I've sound people with problems similar to mine but not quite the same. So here goes...

On startup, or lack thereof, the car turns over with no problem and does so repeatedly. The only problem is there's no sign of ignition, it just keeps turning over. After 5-20 minutes of trying to get it to start it does fire and runs just fine. After it starts there is no problem any more and the car runs fine. No rough idle, no dying on the road.

Now this happens about once a month and then there is no sign that anything was ever wrong until it happens again a month-ish later. I have a feeling reading some other similar problems that it may be the fuel relay or something related to that but the fact that its so sporadic and not able to be replicated has me confused. Also, there has never been any check engine lights or any other signs of a problem at least on the dash.

Any help would be appreciated, as of right now its not a major problem but I have a feeling it may well turn into one.

nede

Reaction score
I had the same problem with it turning over and not starting about 2 years ago with my 99 v6, this happened about every month or so for a year. For unrelated reasons I switched out the main relay and alternator and for two years now I haven't had an issue. Don't know if you have checked either of these but for some reason one of them worked for me.

twofast4u

Reaction score
x2 on the main relay. Next time this happns try giving a kick or tap to the main relay. I've done this many times on EG civics. Most likely your main relay is on its way out.

Reaction score
Appreciate it guys. Next question would then be where exactly is it at. What i've gotten so far is that its under the dash but a little more specific would help haha.

Back