programming keys + remote starter

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a quick question. If I go to the dealer to reprogram my keys, will the remote starter module need to be reprogrammed as well? I know usually some people leave an extra key under the dash or they use the immobilizer module (which is what i did)

Thanks

001Stunna

Reaction score
Just bring the keys to get reprogrammed. If i recall my compustar used the iDataline Blade AL bypass when Autolinks installed it and nothing needed to be done with it after reprogramming extra keys

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a quick question. If I go to the dealer to reprogram my keys, will the remote starter module need to be reprogrammed as well? I know usually some people leave an extra key under the dash or they use the immobilizer module (which is what i did)

Thanks

Are you saying that you have a factory alarm with a remote starter added to it and able to use the factory remote to start the car? If so, I need this.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, wtf is an "immobilizer module" ?

depending on what you have (brand / model) you may not need to do the key.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh ya, the 'immobilizer module' may not work if your keys are reprogrammed.

DizzyP

Reaction score
All I know is when I got my car back from repo they kept the same cut on the key but had to redo the transponder. They gave me the car with it running and didn't tell me that none of my other keys would start the car. Found out the first time I tried to remote start it. From then I knew right away. Well to make a long story long. The cheapest place I could find to reprogram my keys was.....(dramatic pause)... The dealership! They said they could do like up to four key, or something like that. And they needed the car too. They said the other keys that I might have that aren't programmed won't start the car so I cut one reprogrammed key and put it in the remote start and was all good. I happened to find some old keys and they still start the car! Sweet! I was kinda hoping they wouldmy though, just a matter of time before the Ex just can't contain herself and go more crazy. Reprogrammed my alarm remote though, originally each remote we had worked on both cars, with separate buttons. Now she is surprised that when I remote pop my trunk he trunk opens too. I keep telling her to get her stuff updated but she no listen. AND she acts surprised every time. Selective hearing anyone?

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
well, I still don't know.

Most of the time remote stat instllers, just use one of your keys. They cut they head off, and tape it inside your column. Any key, that can turn it, will work.

I have no idea what yours is doing.

DizzyP

Reaction score
My cut key isn't near the steering column. I even pulled the cut key out the car and my old keys still work. Nice little bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofast4u

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I know i did not stick a cut key in my dash and i paid extra for the module. I just dont know the brand of the module unfortunately. Although the alarm i have is a compustar, and the remote start has never given me any issues.

Back