PSPEC V1 not compatible with oem knob/boot?..

jaw819

Reaction score
so i FINALLY got my v1 installed. after all the trouble.
the V1 is very very short, height and throw wise. lets just say ive pinched my thumb between the knob and e-brake going into first a few times.
its very nice.

BUT. seeing as how the v2 is adjustable, and is shaped as such-

l
l \
\ l
..l

the plastic part, about an inch long, inside of the boot that connects to the shifter, has room to go straight up and attach to the knob.
now the v1 on the other hand, simply has that curve in the shaft, is shaped as such-

l
\
.l

doesnt allow that plastic part enough slack to be able to be slid up it to attach to the knob correctly. it slightly leans to the left, as the shaft does.
so in order to correctly attach the knob to the boot, i cant screw the knob in all the way down..
i even ended up breaking one of the two plastic tabs on the bottom of the knob trying to force it. fail.

so, has anyone else ever had this problem? or do you guys all have v2s?
i dont know what to do, and i don't feel like buying a new boot/knob combo, lol.

help appreciated. thanks.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
'v2' is compatible with both. i still have the oem boot on mine. i never saw the other one youre talking about haha :thinking:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, might as well. ive only ever seen the fully adjustable one that i have haha.

have you tried trimming the excess plastic on the bottom of the clip ring thing on the boot? im sure thatd make it work better.​

jaw819

Reaction score
ive considered.. but now the oem knob is broken, the boot won't stay how it should..

jaw819

Reaction score
Check it.

IMAG0715.jpg

IMAG0714.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah dude, cut that **** off and your problems will be solved haha. just look at how much unnecessary extra plastic is on the bottom of that thing. id cut the boot tie off, then dremel right under where the indent is for the tie, then put it all back together and viola haha.​

jaw819

Reaction score
sounds like a plan Ann!
....dy.
thanks!
but yeah, apparently that's a v1.

Back