putting an amp under the seat

ujinyuki

Reaction score
hello guys... since all of us (mostly) owns a 6th gen, i was wondering where is the most suitable place to put the sub amp and the 4ch amp... mine was first both attached at the sub box but some of my friends that when the sub plays it will cause vibrations which may destroy an amp... so i lay both amps near the backrest of the rear seat, but the sub box occupies most of the storage now... so im thinking to push the sub box all the way inside so i still can have plenty of space at the back ( to put things when i go shopping, etc. )... ill post some pix tomorrow.
bottomline is can you guys give some suggestions where to put both amps and if you have pix of your setups please feel free to post it to give me (and others) an idea of a clean and spacious setup... thanks guys and god speed

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
hello guys... since all of us (mostly) owns a 6th gen, i was wondering where is the most suitable place to put the sub amp and the 4ch amp... mine was first both attached at the sub box but some of my friends that when the sub plays it will cause vibrations which may destroy an amp... so i lay both amps near the backrest of the rear seat, but the sub box occupies most of the storage now... so im thinking to push the sub box all the way inside so i still can have plenty of space at the back ( to put things when i go shopping, etc. )... ill post some pix tomorrow.
bottomline is can you guys give some suggestions where to put both amps and if you have pix of your setups please feel free to post it to give me (and others) an idea of a clean and spacious setup... thanks guys and god speed

Go ib- no box needed :p

There are vents under the front seats.

How about stand offs under the rear deck lid?

danmccormick87

Reaction score
You will overheat your amp under the seat in the winter, and if you spill anything, it'll mess up the amp. You could either fabric a rack to hang under your rear deck, customize a rack to mount to your trunk, or do like most, and bolt the amps to the back of your rear seats. I'd suggest the last option, it's the simplest and cheapest route, plus, whenever you don't have anyone riding with, you can have your seat folded down to give the amps better cooling.

ey361995

Reaction score
My amp is under my passenger seat since there is enough room because there is no electric motor under there. Its perfect, the only thing is that the end of my mat is raised a bit but I doesn't really bother me. Id do that

ujinyuki

Reaction score
thanks guys, btw i live here in the philippines so it doesn't snow here... the problem here is the hot climate... mounting the amps at the backrest of the rear cannot be done coz it is metal which may cause grounding and the sub box cannot be moved all the way inside... under the seat maybe a good idea but some of you are correct that WHAT IF i spill a drink or something, especially for me having 2 kids hahahaha... if you have pix of your amp setups please do show it so i can have an idea... thanks for your time guys it really opens up my mind on ideas

danmccormick87

Reaction score
You won't have grounding issues on the rear of the seat as long as you are properly grounded. Think about it, your amp is already grounded through a ground wire, and as long as you aren't running a hot wire through any metal (which would be a bigger electrical issue to worry about than your amp) you won't have any issues. I had my old Soundstream and capacitor mounted to the rear of the seats with no issues.

ujinyuki

Reaction score
ok... tnx for the suggestion... ill try and take a pix later so you can see what it looks like

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i had a kenwood XR-5S under the front passenger seat for years.

we have temps from -15 to 100, no problems. i'd really have to do some digging to find pics, it was pretty well concealed though :lawl:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I had my amp(s) like this and later added cable routing
picture.php

But I just bought a JL HD 900/5 and planned to put it under the passenger seat.

Back