Question for the camera guru's...

xluben

Reaction score
You won't have to worry much about this one. As you can see there are more Sticky threads than actual posts, and there's probably 1 new thread a week, haha.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well after reading this,I still think you should pass on the D3000. Maybe the D5000 could be a great DSLR for you or anyone not very serious yet. One pro of the D5000 is the smaller size(Similar to the D40), yet still great quality photos like the D90. I still think the D90 is their best camera sub 1K, maybe even better than the D200/D300. Do I would almost say save up just a tad more and just get that. I think you can find it for around 800 nowadays.

If you are bored just check out Kenrockwell.com. He has some good reviews, but take some of his stuff lightly since he is just one opinion.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well after reading this,I still think you should pass on the D3000. Maybe the D5000 could be a great DSLR for you or anyone not very serious yet. One pro of the D5000 is the smaller size(Similar to the D40), yet still great quality photos like the D90. I still think the D90 is their best camera sub 1K, maybe even better than the D200/D300. Do I would almost say save up just a tad more and just get that. I think you can find it for around 800 nowadays.

If you are bored just check out Kenrockwell.com. He has some good reviews, but take some of his stuff lightly since he is just one opinion.

Thanks Eric. I am thinking too cheap on cameras apparently, and since I am the kind of person that likes to buy things once I can see myself saving more and getting something better. I saw the price get slashed on what looked like a decent DSLR and got excited lol, thanks for grounding me.

Your PM was very helpful, I appreciate your time and advice. I'm going to read up on the D90, as well as that 50mm f1.8 lens you mentioned.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I am sure the D3000 is not a bad camera. So it is not that you are just cheap when it comes to DSLR, that just wouldn't be your best bet. If you were going to spend lower amounts the D40 would probably be your best bet. The only problem with that would be some lenses would not autofocus.

Back