rear camber arm replacement ball joint

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I need to replace on of the ball joints on my rear camber arm. I was thinking that instead of buying a whole new arm, I could just get away with replacing the threaded piece and the actual ball joint. These are the kind of arms i have.

98-02-honda-accord-rear-alignment-camber-adjustable-link-control-arm-4.jpg

Do you guys know of a replacement part i can buy that will thread right in?

Thanks

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
So you're wondering if you can just replace the ball joint part, instead of getting a whole set of arms altogether as the pic shown above, correct?

If that's the case, do you mind telling me the reason why you wanna replace just the ball joints? (Structural damages inside the rubber bushings? Damages on the bushings?)

If it's just the bushings that's been damaged, you can get OEM bushings 'n swap them out. I'm swapping them out for my front upper ball joints in this way, since one of them is damaged ← (Ingalls).

twofast4u

Reaction score
So you're wondering if you can just replace the ball joint part, instead of getting a whole set of arms altogether as the pic shown above, correct?

If that's the case, do you mind telling me the reason why you wanna replace just the ball joints? (Structural damages inside the rubber bushings? Damages on the bushings?)

If it's just the bushings that's been damaged, you can get OEM bushings 'n swap them out. I'm swapping them out for my front upper ball joints in this way, since one of them is damaged ← (Ingalls).

Yes, The only reason i want to replace the ball joint is because the threaded part is spinning, and also there is noticeable play in the joint itself. The bushing on the other side is still perfectly fine though.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Just get new ones, to get it close, make em the same length.

Even part of an arm well muss alignment.

Or, use my new tool to 'check' after. Harbor Freight g-force angle gauge :p

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yes, The only reason i want to replace the ball joint is because the threaded part is spinning, and also there is noticeable play in the joint itself. The bushing on the other side is still perfectly fine though.
I see. Was kindda wondering if you were on the same boat w/ me.

Well, I'd imagine it would be better to replace the whole kit b/c it sounds like there would be some guessing game involved. More importantly, it's better to be safe on the road w/ the complete kit, rather than mix 'n matched set imo. Especially, after market + after market combination, when it comes to the structural integrity of one of your suspension components.

Last edited:
Back