Rear defroster some lines not working but unbroken?

robollama

Reaction score
So I pulled my rear tint off as it was peeling away anyways. Afterward most of my defrost lines didn't work, so I bought a kit to repair them. After repair, some work but some don't. I've checked the lines with a multimeter and they all seem unbroken... Any ideas?

Z47wqKu.jpg

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
Ahh previously tinted rear windows, i used to work at a tint/detail place and the rears are the hardest to remove. did you use your hands and chemicals or razor blades?
there's a possibility that the window tint you removed was the 2nd time its been tinted, and the place removing the first may have scraped the defroster off some or cut them when removing old film. I say this because the place i worked for did it as well :lawl:

DizzyP

Reaction score
Had the same thing on mine. Had my window tint guy (yeah I got a tint guy) and I knew there was a chance that the removal of the old tint could damage some of the defogger lines luckily the only one that broke was the lowest one. Prob is he used the last bit of tint on the roll so there are vertical lines so he will need to do the entire rear window again. Plus he didn't have enough for the side window so he had to put on limo tint. My rears have 15%. Are you aware the top few lines on the top are not defogger lines? They are the radio antenna.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

robollama

Reaction score
Are you aware the top few lines on the top are not defogger lines? They are the radio antenna.

Ah, okay. Well that explains the first few. :p

may have scraped the defroster off some or cut them when removing old film.

Yeah, there were breaks. But I repainted them on and now they all check-out continuity wise, but still only some output heat.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The dvom (er whatev), set to ohms, will go down the end to go across another line and back up to the other probe.

robollama

Reaction score
The dvom (er whatev), set to ohms, will go down the end to go across another line and back up to the other probe.

So the implication is I must have missed a couple spots and/or didn't paint them all in well enough? Time to go back and repaint again? :banghead:

briansan

Reaction score
How is paint expected to revive the defogger lines? Is it conductive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back