Replica spoon TSX decklid spoiler TEST FIT

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Ok, so a while back i decided to look for an alternative decklid spoiler for our cars because i really want something different than the tiny little generic m3 "spoiler". So after looking at my friends TSX trunk shape i thought i'd give it a try. The TSX trunk is 46inches wide and the accords is 47" so right off the bat i knew there would be a gap on the sides... so i picked up this replica spoon tsx decklid spoiler for $95 shipped. got it in the mail today and was very anxious to see how it fit.

From the top it looks great, but from underneath you see there is a gap about .5-.75 inches big, basically it has too much of a curve to it, but its just a little... so i want to get your opinions on whether i should continue with this mod and have a shop hack it up a bit a try to fit it, OR sell it to my friend for what i paid, close the deal, then go and try a 08 civic hybrid decklid spoiler, which is exactly 47" wide but the curvature might be a little off on that too.

pics are here...
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/KnightRyder/Replica Spoon TSX Spoiler/

btw, its made of fiberglass.

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Well it seems like a nice foundation for an even nicer spoiler. Perhaps the underside can be filled in or sanded down to provide better fitment, and the sides extended using more fiberglass so the length is perfect as well. It will definitely take some work, but it's not impossible. Good find...

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i've decided im going to save up a little more cash and pick up a civic sedan spoiler too before i make my decision on whether to hack this up or not because if the civic is a better foundation then it'll probably be cheaper to mod, IF i even need to mod it. and im sure it's the same size as our trunk so there would be no need for extending.

lwlba

Reaction score
yea... definitely post up pic on the civic one too when u get it.

imo the tsx doesn't flow well....

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Last edited:
Back