Retrofit Club

angelplus

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
get some heavy duty autoloc relays..I use them on my shaved handles them things never go out

How bout when water gets around them? Are they 100% waterproof? Becuase I'll take one off your hands if they are.

Also, I forgot about this thread, but we're going to try a couple of things with the club. I want to get a p icture contest going, and a surprise prize will be granted to the person with the nicest picture, not depending on your setup, I will judge on the angle and all that good stuff of your p[icture, but we'll get into that later. Just an update of whats going on.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
you know what....my relay might not of been waterproof...cause i had no problems with it until it rained hard one night...where can i get those relays shaved??

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
this is late-*** advice, but hey whatever I'm having trouble studying so I'm reading old posts lol.

if your alternator is only putting out 25 amps, it is going. it should be putting out 80amps... and relatively speaking, even 80amps isn't much (a lot of domestic pickups have as much as 130amp alternator stock).

edit: if you want to replace your relay too, that's like $1.50 part at radioshack. and if you want to be cheap/ghetto/safe just wrap it in syran wrap (or however you spell it)

angelplus

Reaction score
Wildman said:
this is late-*** advice, but hey whatever I'm having trouble studying so I'm reading old posts lol.

if your alternator is only putting out 25 amps, it is going. it should be putting out 80amps... and relatively speaking, even 80amps isn't much (a lot of domestic pickups have as much as 130amp alternator stock).

edit: if you want to replace your relay too, that's like $1.50 part at radioshack. and if you want to be cheap/ghetto/safe just wrap it in syran wrap (or however you spell it)

Yeah, or you can get yours at Autozone, or advanced autoparts. I bet you could fond one at Homedepot or Lowes lol, well thats what Bjorn told me from Custom Lightz. The same thing happened to me, I went through a carwash that washes the undercariage of your car, and soaked my fuckin relay, which wasn't waterproof, but I bought one the next morning and it worked. So try that, whatever relay you have on there, take it in and they'll tell you which one to get. If I'm not mistaken, I think its a 30v, but dont quote me on that.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
haha yeah my amp is probably going...but haven't had any problems lately so just gonna delay it more...i don't think i want to get the same relay....if it is going to get shot like this from just sitting in a parking lot while it rains...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
ok i finally found the thread and im gonna join

so mark me down as #009

Retrofit by Richard Park
OEM housings
Porsche Bixenon's by Hella
Matsushita Ballasts
Philips D2S bulbs
Custom wiring harness

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
Dinzdale40 said:
ok i finally found the thread and im gonna join

so mark me down as #009

OEM housings
Porsche Bixenon's by Hella
Matsushita Ballasts
Philips D2S bulbs
Custom wiring harness

I'll add you.

Did you do your project yourself or did you have someone else do the retrofit? Glad to have you in the club! :cool:

angelplus

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I will soon be ready to join, TYC retro in progress. I'm not in any rush, so it may take a while.

Alright, we'll look forward to seeing you in here :) As long as you dont have the stock TYC projetors and some projectors like TSX, S2k, valeos, e36/46's and all that good stuff. Just let us know if you have any questions!

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Most likely doing e46's, seem to have the most similar dimensions. I do have one question, what bulb does the TYC use for the parking lights?? It appears to be a 196, but I can't exactly start taking bulbs out of their packing and slap em in.

Back