Rims painted. *Wheels on car pg.8* no 56k

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've decided to paint my Sparkle Silver A-Spec wheels some sort of gunmetal. I'm just tired of the silver, and I think these wheels would look better on my car in another shade. I'm pretty set on gunmetal, not a fan of bronze and I don't want black. Not gonna lie, Larry's TL wheels were a bit of an influence.

I'm meeting with my paint guy after Christmas, but in the meantime, who has seen gunmetal paint they really liked? I don't want a flat finish (for example the finish on the gunmetal Silverstars is too dull). A satin or even more reflective finish are what I'm after, looking for recommendations/examples to reference. Thanks.

0812001825.jpg

0826001259a.jpg

Last edited:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Re: Painting rims

you mean this color? ish?
Siela16.jpg

these are on my wrx though...you might be able to find the OEM paint color for those wheels.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Copy the Gunmetal that Larry used. Gunmetal is a great choice

Yeah I will have to ask him, I was hoping he'd post in here.

you mean this color? ish?

these are on my wrx though...you might be able to find the OEM paint color for those wheels.

Yeah I like that, thanks. I'll have to se if I can find the paint code.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Hmm well I don't want to rattle can, my body guy will be mixing the paint and all. But I PM'd him about it, thanks knox.

Still looking for suggestions/examples.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Found a GM "gunmetal" and a Hyundai "gunmetal" by PPG that look good, but hard to tell on a small swatch if they'll look good on a wheel.

Looking for more suggestions...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Chris, you planning on taking them to a shop to get painted?

I'd just go with a rattle can. The duplicolor gunmetal that Larry used is nice, I've used it before as well.

If you WERE in fact thinking of taking them to a shop to get professionally painted, you'd be way better of getting them powder coated gunmetal. And a shop that does poder coat will have a lot of options to choose from.

Back