Rockford fosgate question

JSato

Reaction score
Hey, i am looking to replace my stolen subs. Im a big rockford fosgate fan and i had 2 p1 10's before my car was broken into. I was using a rockford 500 watt punch amp. My car sounded amazing to me. Im debating wether i should get a P3 12inch or a P1 15 inch? What are your guys opinions? If i got a 12 i could get another one over time if i felt i needed another, but if i got the 15 i believe i would only be able to fit one because i need some trunk space.
ps. I understand the bigger the sub the deeper the bass but the p1 vs p3 might make one better than the other. Please don't tell me to search because i have. Thanks everybody

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The right 12 in the right box can sound great and be all you need.

Sure, the 15 will hit some lower notes, but if you want crisper bass, then just stick with the 12 in a ported box.

GaAccord

Reaction score
I'm not an expert by any means, but in my 12"s are best in my opinion, overall. They hit a little bit of everything.

And 1 P3? I used to have 4 :naughty:

dustint209

Reaction score
I had a rf p1 15 and not even a year after getting it the magnet came loose and started to make a rattle sound. That's the last rf sub I will ever own. I have a RE srx 15 now and I'm much happier with it.

JSato

Reaction score
Well i ended up going with a P3 15 with a sealed box... then a ported box and im pretty happy with it now, but i think im gonna need some new rear speakers.

JSato

Reaction score
Now i have 2 rf front speakers and some sony xploders in the back..... i know like why would i have such ****ty rear speaker? because a friend said $20 and better then stock. i think i will upgade those to some rf ones too when i get my indash but if you guys have any suggestion im open :)

Back