RPM's

Efrain760

Reaction score
So I'm curious to how other people drive their cars I have a 99 4 cylinder automatic and in the city on normal days where there is not tons of traffic I usually get my RPM's to about 3,500 / 4,000 and then it shifts, do you guys drive around the same RPM's? Or do you guys baby your car and keep your RPM's as low as possible? I try to baby my car sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varnell

Reaction score
I shift between 2,500 and 3,500 rpms. Never had a 6th gen auto, though. 4,000 rpms sounds like you're accelerating pretty hard.

Sino

Reaction score
I shift my 5speed at 3k when accelerating (except when I want to hear her purr :D), mostly because I had read in the service manual that's when they shifted for the gas mileage numbers. When cruising I'll shift up to keep it around 2k.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DrDoom

Reaction score
gotta hit 6k rpm atleast once every drive.. and my **** is auto Luh dat *****, its only usually when I wanna make some noise with the bolt ons though... last night it was a douche e36 this morning it was a slammed v6 7gen accord and a s2000. 2 days before that hit 6rpm in a s14 turbo's ear. but yes I let off the gas on the first 2 gears when it shifts itself so rpm's are around the same as yours.:ehcapt:

JDMGoldAccord

Reaction score
Thank God. I do in town driving and she shifts herself at 3200rpm if I don't let off the gas and at 2600 in second. Mines a V6 auto. I almost thought she might have a tranny problem.

Back