Seat Problems!

blackaccord69

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a problem with my seats.

Recently I bought power leather seats from a member on this board. The seats were out of a '01 V6 EX Coupe. I have a '98 I4 LX Coupe. Needless to say, I have cloth, manual seats.

The passenger side was easy to put in because it is still a manual-manual swap.

But the driver side is an 8-way adjustable seat, whereas I have manual. The problems I am having are as follows:

-The Alignment is Off (after powering the seat before putting it in the car, I tried to adjust it but the seat sits very far back even though I pressed it up all the way)

-Where does the wiring harness that would normally connect to the bottom of the seats actually go to? I can probably obtain one or make one if I knew where it went to.

-Would swapping the brackets/sliders from manual seat onto the power seat actually work? Would the bolts line up? This would be an easy solution instead of powering the seats as I dont care about power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I am located in central Jersey if anyone wants to be nice and help me out with it (I'll buy you lunch). Thanks.

klee

Reaction score
Knowing that you have alignment problems, swap the rails. It should take no longer than 15-20 minutes. This worked for me but it was a manual to manual swap. I would imagine it would be the same in your case. Also, beware that 98 models use the 2 prong adapter for the harness versus post 99 models use the 3 prong.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
hmm, i could swap my brackets/sliders from my manual seat to my power seat no problems? it's a straight swap? remember i have 98 seats and these are 01

klee

Reaction score
blackaccord69 said:
hmm, i could swap my brackets/sliders from my manual seat to my power seat no problems? it's a straight swap? remember i have 98 seats and these are 01

Mine was a straight manual to manual swap. I had a '98 and the seats were out of an '01. Again, I'm not sure if this will work from a manual to power rails. I've never done that but I can't imagine the rail mounting points to be different from the manual.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
hmmm i guess its worth a shot, im concerned though because if you look at it things are different as in, the button to move the cushion forward and back to get in the car is in different spots (manual its on the floor while the power its on the side), but hey if anything i could put it back together, thanks for the help klee

klee

Reaction score
blackaccord69 said:
hmmm i guess its worth a shot, im concerned though because if you look at it things are different as in, the button to move the cushion forward and back to get in the car is in different spots (manual its on the floor while the power its on the side), but hey if anything i could put it back together, thanks for the help klee

That is the same question that I have. Let me know how it goes.

klee

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHHA I didn't notice this post! Sorry guys. BlackAccord, aren't you located on the E.C.??

Back