so today my tranny crapped out

TheHunter

Reaction score
thanks all, it does make a difference being heavier than oem shift knob, but it also depends on the driver, some like it light, some like it heavy,

i'll post more pics once i get the boot in and i'm debating whether i should get a short shifter, but i kinda like it how it is, its not too low or too high (for me)

If you have a 7th gen shifter... there is no "short" shifter that will make it shorter. I bought the comptech short shifter which reduces the throw by like 34% or so. Basically you don't have to move it as far but it's the same height.

That being said I'm probably going to thread it further down and cut some off the top, I want it a little lower lol.

Do you already have a shift boot? If you don't I can put my old type-r one back on and sell you my 6th gen boot for cheap.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
i actually have a shifter from an acura CL, so i don't know if there are real "kits" for that either, i havn't really began to research, i kinda like how it feels right now so i'm still debating

as far as the boot i was thinking about going to junkyards and buying one, but if u do wanna sell yours, how much you want for it? and do u have pics?

p.s i'm loving my car more and more everyday i drive it, i'm only beginning to notice the huge difference it has

TheHunter

Reaction score
i actually have a shifter from an acura CL, so i don't know if there are real "kits" for that either, i havn't really began to research, i kinda like how it feels right now so i'm still debating

as far as the boot i was thinking about going to junkyards and buying one, but if u do wanna sell yours, how much you want for it? and do u have pics?

p.s i'm loving my car more and more everyday i drive it, i'm only beginning to notice the huge difference it has

Lol only beginning? Let me give you a word of advice... don't think that you can stage it off the line... even at like 2500 rpm... just don't do it :p I dunno how much for the boot but cheap, I don't happen to have any pics but its a standard black leather boot no tears no wear perfect condition. I just need to make sure my type r one works. I'll let you know soon.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
what u mean stage it off the line? 2500 rpm?

haha cool let me know whats up, i been lazy to look for the boot

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
what u mean stage it off the line? 2500 rpm?

haha cool let me know whats up, i been lazy to look for the boot

5spd Honda Accord boot,pspec short shifter, and he means not to try since you'll either get wheel spin or weel hop and even torque steer so just give up, ha.

TheHunter

Reaction score
5spd Honda Accord boot,pspec short shifter, and he means not to try since you'll either get wheel spin or weel hop and even torque steer so just give up, ha.

Yeah basically. By stage it I mean don't put hold the rpms at 2500 (arbitrary number) then pop the clutch out. If your car was weaker you could do that to go fast off the line.. but with all the torque in the v6 you will end up just spinning your wheels like crazy (plus wheel hop and torque steer)... lol

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
wheel hop is a good way to pop your axles. If you preload the clutch right and release it right, you can get the perfect launch with a FWD. Wheel spin is a given, but if you feather the gas right, you can keep it down to a minimal.

TheHunter

Reaction score
wheel hop is a good way to pop your axles. If you preload the clutch right and release it right, you can get the perfect launch with a FWD. Wheel spin is a given, but if you feather the gas right, you can keep it down to a minimal.

Yeah... but the wheel spin is pretty bad with v6 torque lol.

So I took a look at my current boot and my type r boot, and I need to know if you have the white mounting ring that the boot attaches to in your car? (did you swap out that center console piece so that you'd have the mounting for a boot? If so I need the white ring that it goes on, and you can have the one with the 6th gen boot already mounted on it.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
^ hmm i'm not sure what part, but i'll take a good pic of it tomorrow and i'll show you,

and yeah i know what u mean about wheel spin, i don't drive it hard or smash on it, so far i'm babying it especially with new clutch and flywheel and they require a break in period but thanks for the tips

Back