Speed Channel Will Be No More

Discussion in 'Sports Lounge' started by fastflyinaccord, Mar 7, 2013.

1. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

So, would that mean that less people are enjoying NASCAR or more are watching it at home.......?

2. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

most people can only afford to watch NASCAR at home, since the series is in a different state every week

3. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

I figure it would only be the hardcores that would travel to watch it, so not surprised that crowd turnouts are smaller now.

Never really understood how it got so much air time in the first place, along with Sprint Cup racing and the like.

4. CrosCntryAccord

CrosCntryAccord Well-Known Member

because of crashes and bump draft tactics

5. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

And it’s the only form of high speed racing where cars go into a corner 3-4 abreast. The other thing people don’t realize is, these cars are going $150+ all the time…and that’s when miscalculations or mistakes become much more of a problem. Add in the fact that the cars are inches apart and it can be exciting, and people get into it.

And the founding premise for NASCAR was awesome. But over time it just became too corporate, and more importantly, too regulated. My beef with NASCAR has always been, what’s the point of racing cars that have to meet a vast list of specs and standards that basically render them all the exact same in both looks and performance. The only differences are the drivers and suspension settings. Yes NASCAR is about the drivers, but I prefer forms of racing where there are more differences between teams.

That’s one reason I love LeMans, it’s still a true manufacturer race, at least in the GT classes.