Stalling/lost of power

Tramel84

Reaction score
Car loosing power and stalling. The main fuel pump relay, fuel pump assembly, distributor, wires, spark plugs, ignition switch module has been changed. Still the vehicle stalls or looses power. Timing belt was complete at 181k. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. 2001 accord ex 4 cylinder.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
clogged catalytic convertor? happened to me. Car will struggle, and eventually shut off. Came to a point where it wouldn't start

Ashe

Reaction score
I had a blown VTEC solenoid that made my car run like garbage and gave me a bad leak.

Gallowlight

Reaction score
Any codes stored? Even temporary ones? My V6 had similar symptoms, bad crankshaft position sensor. It threw the crank code only once a half year prior which was my only clue. Would start stalling out at idle/lights/stop signs ect. Never threw another code for it and the crankshaft position sensor fixed the issue.

If you have/buy a thermal gun and run the car until it symptomizes, you can see with the gun how hot the catalytic converters are getting. If the cat is cherry red and hot, it's plugged. Get readings before and after for reference.

Back