Starter?

BriTess

Reaction score
So I went to start my car this afternoon and the lights came on in the dash, but the car would not turn over and it just started clicking repeatedly. I had this happen before and it turned out to be the starter. Has anyone else had this problem? Btw, last time I had the starter replaced was in October 07 and I find it hard to believe that it's time to replace it again.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not necessarily. There still may be enough charge to light those but not enough to crank over the starter.

BriTess

Reaction score
I know this sounds far fetched, but do you think the HID kit with the relay harness has anything to do with the electrical issue as far as the car not starting?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Doubt it. Clicks are 99% the battery problem.

They usually don't completely drain. You'll almost always have power for the lights, but it takes a lot to start the car.

The only time it drains completely is a parasitic drain. Something in your car is on like a light and drain the power.

Check your alternator when you replace the battery.

chaby_91

Reaction score
^which means check the battery with a voltmeter while the car is running. If the voltage is 12v-12,5v you need a new alternator.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The car needs amps to start not voltage. Lights and stuff dont need much to light up, but the battery could be low on cranking power to turn the starter. If u have a dmm, do a load test to see ur atleast 11.6v.

Dont forget the alternator has a roll on voltage change around 1,000rpms.

Back