[ Steering Wheel ]

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering how you get away with having an airbag-less steering wheel and still pass inspection. I donno if it matters in your state, but in Maine where I'm from, if your car comes factory with an airbag steering wheel, you cannot swap it to a racing one and still get an inspection sticker. Is there a way to circumvent this problem?

Thanks!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
yeah, but it would still be off of a different car, even though it is a honda. or would this not matter, since it is from same brand? hm...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres a nice big H on it, with SRS logo...theyll never tell the difference :)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, but it would still be off of a different car, even though it is a honda. or would this not matter, since it is from same brand? hm...

So what if its off a diff car? It fits, it has a functional airbag, its oem, it looks nice, and especially for you...its legal. What more could you ask for?

slow f23

Reaction score
ohio is clean of inspections as well!

what exactly does maine do? like do you have to get your car checked once a year? or what's the rule?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
In Maine, we need to get our cars inspected once a year. Upon inspection we receive a sticker. Unfortunately for me, my inspection sticker expires in the summer, so I can't get away with wearin my winter rims, so some places will not inspect my bald summer alloys (just an example). If a place refuses to inspect your car, they cut your sticker, so other places know you have already tried to inspect a "defective" setup, and unless you correct it before trying again, they will remove the sticker completely and you will not be able to drive. Luckily, only one county in Maine runs emissions tests, and I'm not in it (Cumberland). The aftermarket steering wheel is another example - read above. Exhaust, depending on the place of inspection, is measured by db (I'm not sure what the range is). Non-stock turn signal bulb colors are also prohibited. Display of red or blue lighting in your vehicle (even interior) is prosecuted as "attempt to impersonate authority". Underglow neons are completely out of the question, if you're rice enough to get them. Even ratio of wheel/tire size is scrutinzed, if the place is a dealership. To top it off, the roads are so frost-heaved and rough up here that you don't even want to get a lip kit, unless you have no brains and/or extra money.

You get the picture?:bash::icon_toilet:

Back