Still low idle! Really?! Wow...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think youre holding...the thing between #11 and...#11 :squintrun: ridiculous...

if this link doesnt work, its under "install pipe - tubing" on majestic http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...gry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=INSTALL+PIPE+-+TUBING+(1)

what youre holding also isn't numbered in majestics diagram either. and my majestic order will be arriving tomorrow :squintrun: that has GOT to be my issue...because from googling, i always came up with "check valve" but it has to be that purge "joint." ill take a look at it tomorrow and see if it clear or whatever.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
i think youre holding...the thing between #11 and...#11 :squintrun: ridiculous...

if this link doesnt work, its under "install pipe - tubing" on majestic http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...gry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=INSTALL+PIPE+-+TUBING+(1)

what youre holding also isn't numbered in majestics diagram either. and my majestic order will be arriving tomorrow :squintrun: that has GOT to be my issue...because from googling, i always came up with "check valve" but it has to be that purge "joint." ill take a look at it tomorrow and see if it clear or whatever.

LMAO, let me know if you can blow through the part I took a picture of. If this fixes your problem, I will probably go crazy. I replaced my engine & went 5spd because of this problem. Let me know your find tomorrow Ryan.

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
This happen to my car before.

My rpm would fluctuate between gears, and when i slowed down it would do the same.

ended out that my transmission and chassis ground was loose from the battery terminal, fixed it and that solved the problem.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
This happen to my car before.

My rpm would fluctuate between gears, and when i slowed down it would do the same.

ended out that my transmission and chassis ground was loose from the battery terminal, fixed it and that solved the problem.

I don't think I had that problem when I use to be autotragic or what's described in my thread. Maybe this can help out Ryan and others on here with similar problems.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my idle seems stable after i changed the gas cap :hide:

maybe that was it...maybe its the cold weather and itll do it again the spring...i dont know :lawl:

nsjames

Reaction score
my idle seems stable after i changed the gas cap :hide:

maybe that was it...maybe its the cold weather and itll do it again the spring...i dont know :lawl:

certainly possible, but if the gas cap was leaking enough to affect the idle I would imagine it would have popped a gross evap leak error.

I just dealt with tihs on a friend 99 taurus, and it popped the CEL all the time. Found a vacuum harness in the engine bay cracked. I hate ABS plastic in engine bays.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it has a P1456 in the summer, for probably the last 2 years...just that last summer, the idle started acting up. the cap got worse and when i replaced it, it made no hisssss when i removed it.

nsjames

Reaction score
it has a P1456 in the summer, for probably the last 2 years...just that last summer, the idle started acting up. the cap got worse and when i replaced it, it made no hisssss when i removed it.

Sounds right on a vacuum leak then.

FWIW the quick and dirty way to diagnose a vacuum leak involves an unlit propane torch.

Wave it over the vacuum harness until the motor nearly dies from the super rich mixture and you've found your vacuum leak.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive spent a good while under the hood with a can of carb cleaner, and brandon (finch13) checked it out too...we couldn't find any vacuum leaks...

Back