Strange Noise coming from Glove box?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Posting this here, since it's not urgent. I drive a 2001 Accord V6 Sedan (202,000 miles). I'm getting this weird whirring and clicking sound coming from my glovebox or maybe the speakers? It only happens when the engine is cold, once the car warms up it goes away. Here's a video of the sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztMV3hn80E

Thanks for your help guys!

-Taseen

Pardie

Reaction score
Had this exact thing happen to me. It was the blend door motor. If you choose to replace it, be careful when putting it in that you don't put it in unevenly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Had this exact thing happen to me. It was the blend door motor. If you choose to replace it, be careful when putting it in that you don't put it in unevenly

How much did it cost boss? I'm seeing $100+. I'm thinking of going to a junkyard or taking the blend door from my brother's 00 LX sedan which he's scrapping.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pardie

Reaction score
Yeah that's the price for it. Kinda steep in my opinion since it's just plastic.

Pardie

Reaction score
One thing you can do to make sure that's what it is, move the temp control knob all the way cold and all the way hot to try to hear for that clicking sound. When all the way to either side it shouldn't make the sound. What you are hearing should mainly happen when it is in the very middle

rooky

Reaction score
I think this dude had the same problem like yesterday, look through the threads posted by Dnguyen211 and that should help.

Back