suspension noise

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
i was driving today and i started hearing a scretching noise in the front left driver side when the car goes up and down. someone help because if it something serious i dont want to mess any thing up even more serious. i think its the shock.

juicebox00

Reaction score
check to see if there is fluid coming out of the strut. also make sure that the strut is tightened all the way to the top hat coming out of the strut tower

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
check to see if there is fluid coming out of the strut. also make sure that the strut is tightened all the way to the top hat coming out of the strut tower

the one inside the engine bay on top of the suspension? i dont know very much about suspensions

juicebox00

Reaction score
theres no fluid on top any where

fluid would be coming out of the middle of the strut. i was just telling you 2 potential problems that it could be. one problem is also not having the strut tightened enough

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
fluid would be coming out of the middle of the strut. i was just telling you 2 potential problems that it could be. one problem is also not having the strut tightened enough

so all i so if its loose is tighten it and the squeky suspension is gone

001Stunna

Reaction score
First of all, push on each corner of your car and see which corner you hear the noise from. Then raise the car up, either on a hoist or on jackstands*do not get under the car with just a jack holding it up*.
Check your ball joints for play(can be done by grabbing the wheel at 12/6 and checking for play up-down and then grab the wheel at 9/3 and check for play side to side). Get a flash light and look at your strut/shock/damper. Is there fluid/oil leaking out from the area where the shaft enters the body/housing? If yes you might have a blown damper. If not grab a socket set and a wrench and check if any of the 5 nuts that hold the strut/shock/damper in place in your strut tower. In addition also check your swaybar endlinks and bushings and brackets for play and extra movement.

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
so all i so if its loose is tighten it and the squeky suspension is gone

"if" it's loose and you're able to tighten it the squeaking may go away. worked for my friends accord. but also check to see if there is fluid coming out of the middle of the strut, cause that could mean it's blown.

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
ok i just went out in the freezing cold to tighten the top hat and the whole thing spun. not the bolt. the bolt and the shock all the way to the bottom spun.

Back